Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting for sofits and fascias

not bed time yet tuffers..:zzz:. i was actually happy as one was out who had asked me to do hers last time .so i dodged that.

.and in the heat today ....all i wanted was my stella....i can't really do a runner as its only over the road....

everything went wrong today....i inputted the gate code to get in this morning and it refused to let me in....der....it was my mum and dads gate code....then the only one i had was an old code....and the new code was in my saved folder on my phone but i have swapped to a smartphone and so the old phone didn't have anything in its saved folder....and i dont know how to get into the saved folder on my new smart phone...as the phone is smarter than me....

i had a quarter mile walk to get the other cleaner to give me the code and as i stepped on his carpet he had just vacumed guess where all the grass blades went after i took a short cut...he did give me a lift back though, bless him...

despite much stamping them bloomin grass blades kept turning up everywhere... i had to take some naughty shortcuts to get out in time....like not bothering with the tops inside...they were done a month ago but i had to stand on a cafe chair and waft away the cobwebs with my cill cloth....trying not to get caught by the cleaner as i don't think it counts as window cleaning....(i like it when he vacuums as i know where he is...)

when i got the job on my statement of method i of course mentioned how i put down a dust sheet....well i did it the first time ...now i was jumping about from desk to desk and wiping off the footprints afterwards..i was under pressure

...soon all the suits would pile in and i would have to say good morning every five minutes..

and the last group of windows....well the blinds are always down....and i wanted so much to miss them last time....and so this time i did...ahhhhh the trouble is with the mirrored glass and me just getting rid of the cobwebs again i hadn't noticed the woman sat on the inside...ooops...but lucky she was on her tablet....close escape that one...

just escaped in time as they all started to pile through my ever so clean doors...why the hell can't they find the bloody big metal handle....and when did they last wash their hands....leave my glass alone...

mind you i did a very quick gutter clean/grass cut whilst ze mad greek woman went off shopping...i noticed the dodgy daughters car was out.... neighbours who would have em....when i moved in i just told everyone i was a builder to avoid them but you can't do owt around here without the net curtains twitching...oh and don't park outside her house or else you get a note on your windscreen....... i did clean my downstairs front window but i don't like to dirty my kit....:rofl:

I don't know about you but when a regular custy asks me for gutter cleaning etc i feel like i can't charge them high, like i wouldn't wanna leave a bad taste in their mouth or have any tension, so i just do the job for 10-15 pounds less.. /emoticons/sad.png

I'm probably in a different position to most as window cleaning is not my bread & butter work but gutter clearing & cleaning seems to be the most popular service I offer. Many of my customers already have a regular window cleaner but for some strange reason customers want me to do the work not them. Maybe because they think I will do a better job and/or not have to worry that I will hurt myself as i've invested in kit to do the job properly & safely as I can who knows.

I suppose say for instance if I charged £7 a window clean then I get asked to clear & clean the gutters some may find my prices expensive as they are price conditioned so would be expecting to pay about £25 for the job.

Most windies would be happy to earn a few more quid and what I would call undersell the job just to keep the customer happy. However myself I find gutter clearing & cleaning dangerous work using ladders so I feel it should be priced accordingly. Even when using the right kit to make the job easier & safer to do.

After saying that there is no right or wrong price for a job as long as you are happy

His lunch would cost more than

that,I had similar yesterday quoted

them £7 the same as everyone else in the street and they said they would have to discuss it and would let me know

I asked them what there was to discuss which probably wasn't the best marketing ploy,and was told not to bother

Latest Posts

Back