Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Softwashing house wall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

I've been asked to clean the walls of a house , they are white and a bit green. Just wondering what you spray your hypo on with ? I've only a wee pump sprayer but can't really be arsed climbing up the ladder to use it. How would using a bucket with a hypo mix do and just dip the brush into it ? Also what percentage of a mix do yous reckon

If you plan to do more softwash jobs it's worth buying a cheap backpack and connecting a spray gun to a length of hose and rinse it out thoroughly after each job

Will pay for itself straight away

Or even a cheap pole and brush to apply and scrub with

I'm not going looking the jobs but I'm happy to let them come to me , what hypo mix do you recommend

Personally i would go about 2%

Search facebook for softwash uk support and join it

There are a few from this forum on there and you will get good advice from the guys in the know

You can buy a specific spray gun (battery powered ) called ips pro sprayer that is a gun with lance etc with a hose that you drop in a barrel of made up mix for 225 squid which will do the job perfectly but i like to use my wfp as there is less overspray to go everywhere

Oh one other thing and so easy of the house there is a grey paint border on the bottom, will the hypo discolour it

Another option is a paint roller on an extension pole. I have used that before. You just need to buy a painters bucket and a big roller suitable for rough exterior walls. Hopefully you already have an extension pole that will fit in the roller handle.

2% hypo should do the trick, possibly less if the green isn't too bad. That is 2% active hypochlorite, so if you get 10% hypo, then 5:1 water to hypo.

If your worried about the grey paint, then spot test first and leave it a week.

Posted via tapatalk

Another option is a paint roller on an extension pole. I have used that before. You just need to buy a painters bucket and a big roller suitable for rough exterior walls. Hopefully you already have an extension pole that will fit in the roller handle.
2% hypo should do the trick, possibly less if the green isn't too bad. That is 2% active hypochlorite, so if you get 10% hypo, then 5:1 water to hypo.

If your worried about the grey paint, then spot test first and leave it a week.

Posted via tapatalk
I don't have a week , the woman is flying back to Canada on Wednesday. Suppose she won't see it from her house /emoticons/tongue.png:rofl:

To get a 2% mix with 10% hypo its 4:1 is it not. Going on what someone said on another thread. 4+1=5 10%÷5=2%
That is correct

5:1 would be roughly 1.6%

My ppe has been trouser rather than shorts and a pair of riggers

Maybe i should cover up properly after thursdays incident rinsing out my backpack in the garden when i accidentally pulled apart a connection while under pressure and covered myself with 2% hypo and had to jump in the shower

Gonna get some gauntlets too

Back