Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading gardiner clamps

Matty H

Has anybody ever bought the new style Gardiner clamps & fitted them to a pole with the MK1 clamps? I have an SLX30 that's in pretty good nick (no wearing on sections) but the clamps are buggered - the lever arms are worn & have grooves in them where they open & rub against the clamp body which causes them to bind a lot & difficult to open. I'm thinking of upgrading the clamps but it looks a ball ache of a job! /emoticons/sad.png

Has anybody ever bought the new style Gardiner clamps & fitted them to a pole with the MK1 clamps? I have an SLX30 that's in pretty good nick (no wearing on sections) but the clamps are buggered - the lever arms are worn & have grooves in them where they open & rub against the clamp body which causes them to bind a lot & difficult to open. I'm thinking of upgrading the clamps but it looks a ball ache of a job! /emoticons/sad.png
It is possible just to replace the clamp levers that you currently have and this maybe would improve the action of them enough?

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Lever_Sets___Bolts.html

so im i rite in thinking if i got some smart clamp levers i can fit them to my old clamp bodys an hay presto i have smart clamps or does the clamp body need changing:confused:

so im i rite in thinking if i got some smart clamp levers i can fit them to my old clamp bodys an hay presto i have smart clamps or does the clamp body need changing:confused:
Whilst you can fit the new smart clamp levers to the older clamp bodies, it would have to be minus the spring. They would work but only as did the previous clamps without any adjustment ability.

Whilst you can fit the new smart clamp levers to the older clamp bodies, it would have to be minus the spring. They would work but only as did the previous clamps without any adjustment ability.
Well Alex that would be perfect for me as my pole sections aren't worn anyway. Thanks

So I go onto Gardiners site to just order the new levers & they have that much lovely stuff I just can't resist... Instead of about £20 I spend £80 lol

Latest Posts

Back