Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm Fed Up Waiting For The Phone To Ring. I Want New Work Tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The good news is your in an area that is not covered by any of my clients so I'll be happy to oblige you. The bad news is I only offer one package for new clients its £1000 up front I cover hotels, travel etc and you get £500 back in quality work.

Hows that sound ?

The good news is your in an area that is not covered by any of my clients so I'll be happy to oblige you. The bad news is I only offer one package for new clients its £1000 up front I cover hotels, travel etc and you get £500 back in quality work.

Hows that sound ?
sounds a lot upfront personaly. so you stay as long as it takes to get £500 of work then?? even if it takes a week

Well Ive just spent the last 5 days in Essex on a job, week before that in Cardiff (5 days), week before that in Chipperfield (5 days), the list goes on generally it takes 5 days I over subscribe with one offs and additional work the customers have big smiles on their faces and cash in the hand when you turn up.

Im actually the cheapest canvassing company out there, my competitors all charge 200% and hotels etc on top.

The way I see it you have 2 options either knock yourself and stop complaining or hire a nipper for one clean and end up re-canvassing all their work. Either way your never going to get where you want to be as quickly as you want.

Whats life without a little risk I always say..........

Get canvassing if u need work mate !

I hate canvassing houses.... but i love canvassing new estates.... ! I got a new estate i found /emoticons/tongue.png am canvassing tomorrow /emoticons/biggrin.png Should piick up between 3-8 customers on that estate /emoticons/biggrin.png so its looking good for me !

U got to knock on doors when u start out its nearly been 3 months for me now and ive got 96 customers... and in the past 3 weeks i havent door knocked either ! couldnt be bothered ! lol... but really i should have 120 customers by now /emoticons/sad.png lol

But am still doing well... /emoticons/smile.png

Dont expect leaflets to give u work /emoticons/tongue.png just drop some.... and look at it as a bonus mate /emoticons/biggrin.png and ull be happy /emoticons/biggrin.png

When i been canvassing before..... i drop a flyer/card through the door if they arent in... and i had 2 calls due to this this week... and priced them up today /emoticons/smile.png and got 2 regular customers.... 1 8x weekly and 1 4x weekly /emoticons/smile.png

so not bad mate

Find a dirty street or two in the morning and canvass every house.

Post on facebook for sale pages with a good looking ad, including your logo, but that won't work till at least tomorrow night.

Just don't wait for the phone to ring, flyers DO NOT work that well.
This is sound advice, or if you have money buy some work?

Hows that sound ?
Alarm bells riniging here, 1k up front lol? 1k is a big risk lol.

I would be wanting you to sign a contract before you seen the colour of my money.

If you want/need the work bad enough then you will go out and look for it.. Work won't just come looking for you...

I wasted a few years being shy and dropping flyers and other waste of money advertising methods...

If you want a good round quick.. Knocking people's doors is the only way

I haven't sat back but at the same time I've not done much canvassing. The first round I ever built, I did it by canvassing and built 2 weeks monthly work in the first couple of weeks. It seemed so easy, I'd knock on a couple of doors, get a few jobs and as soon as I got my ladder off my car everyone else in the street would run out asking me. I think thats the difference between trad and wfp, I've never heard " you can do mine next." While I've been on the pole.

I think the idea of having to explain the water fed pole while canvassing is putting me off.

Latest Posts

Back