Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

poxy clocks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Woke up wide awake, look to the right and the wife is soundo. Right, match of the day is on at half 7, so go down stairs, put telly on........ B..L..CKS!!!!. Half 6 and bored out of my head. That's why I'm putting **** like this on the forum

Lucky you I have twins that love a 6 o'clock wake up but with clocks going back that made it 5 on the plus side all clothes washed and dried kids fed dinner ready what to do now though I clean F.Uc.kED lol

Waste of time.

Cannot find anyone who understands why we do it.

Kids walking home from school in the dark.

That really makes sense with the pratts out there in this world.

Safer place for kids. Yeah rite.

That's why I start and finish my day dropping the kids of and picking them up better safe than sorry is my moto.

It's an antiquated practice, original daylight savings time was invented by Benjamin Franklin.

But on a scientific scale it was done to allow the farm workers (which back then would have been the majority of us) to go to work in the daylight, so they would not be working the cattle or fields in the dark.

Now no longer a necessity as modern technology does most of the work, a TV show I saw last week says there are two hundred thousand farms in the UK with some six hundred thousand employees well that's only three per farm by my math. You could probably find almost as many window cleaners these days.

I honestly feel it is time to abandon daylight savings as I for one do not enjoy it turning to dusk whilst I am on the last couple of jobs of the day. I believe it will cause depression in some as they will do nothing but work and then go home in the dark for the next 5 months, spending a lot less time outdoors as not many want to take up activities outside in the dark.

As for Steve Garwood, oh well, that'll teach you to get excited over such a pointless sport! /emoticons/tongue.png

Back