Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

too much time off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think it depends davey
whenever im sore from say heavy squatts i must rest until they hurt no more before i go again, otherwise i wont be able to walk for a week if i try to work through it, i think people bodys respond differently
You know your own body, if its just doms train through it, usually after a warm up doms is gone, but if its actual strain or something damaged training through it a recipe for disaster and a long time of not lifting

I have been getting itchy sitting at home when I could be at the gym
How do you think I feel, I was going to entire my first strongman comp a year ago then my knee broke for the second time, not lifted since, I mean I could do upper body or something, but no dead or squat!!!! pfft

Adam if i am sore from the gym i will always work through it but concentrate on other muscles but this is an injury to my neck and shoulder i think i did while wfping fascias on a townhouse the orher week

It's better but still not right

I agree with ct fletcher when he says there is no such thing as over training

All depends on the individual

I used to go gym every day of the week when i was young and do weights and boxing

Fighters never have a day off but get on with it

I cant work through doms, ive been told loads of times to train through it and every time ive done that its doubled the pain, i once trained 2 or 3 times through doms and had to take a week of work i literally could not move. With doms, i have to wait until its gone before i do anymore, usually when lifting heavy once a week is enough for legs doing 3,4,5 rep sets to failure

I cant work through doms, ive been told loads of times to train through it and every time ive done that its doubled the pain, i once trained 2 or 3 times through doms and had to take a week of work i literally could not move. With doms, i have to wait until its gone before i do anymore, usually when lifting heavy once a week is enough for legs doing 3,4,5 rep sets to failure
I wonder if this might be your diet mate?

Adam if i am sore from the gym i will always work through it but concentrate on other muscles but this is an injury to my neck and shoulder i think i did while wfping fascias on a townhouse the orher weekIt's better but still not right

I agree with ct fletcher when he says there is no such thing as over training

All depends on the individual

I used to go gym every day of the week when i was young and do weights and boxing

Fighters never have a day off but get on with it
have to bear in mind if you are getting "help" then overtraining is very hard. Ct Fletcher likes to get him some "help" /emoticons/tongue.png

nah, could never consider "help" as i have a heart condition so bit risky.

I dont bodybuild anymore, i enjoy cycling too much so nowadays its mostly just high rep upper body stuff just to keep the moobs away. I dont do legs at all as my body wouldnt recover in time for the bike

nah, could never consider "help" as i have a heart condition so bit risky.
I dont bodybuild anymore, i enjoy cycling too much so nowadays its mostly just high rep upper body stuff just to keep the moobs away. I dont do legs at all as my body wouldnt recover in time for the bike
Don't do legs......... does not compute......... /faint

Not anymore as my legs wont recover for the bike and bike is my prioroty, i really shouldnt be doing weights at all as any extra muscle is detrimental, but i cant stand the skinny cyclist look so just try and balance the two.

Hill reps on the bike certainly builds the legs though

Muscle can never be detrimental as far as I'm concerned..surely more muscle more strength to pedal all day

Functional muscle is different from show muscle created by optimal rep range and diet

Functional muscle as i call it sometimes doesn't even show much but it is strength to work all day

Like labourers on building sites who look a different kind of ripped than @Eviestevie will for competing

My son is nearly 15 ..6 ft 3 and the same weight as me and is a forward for his rugby team and wasn't fast..trained his legs heavy at the gym and improved his speed..explosive when he wants to be now

I don't get people who miss leg day

Muscle burns calories just to maintain itself so why would you not increase the biggest muscles in your body so then you can maintain your weight easier

Anyone wanting to look and feel strong needs to work legs

Back