Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning trad from a car. Unprofessional?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Unprofessional?

• Yes

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
S
totally agree ! When i was driving trad in my older car i hated it ! Now i have a van . As for today a custy even went Out to the street to see my vanmount ! Happened a lot , and i love to take Them Out to see a Nice setup , clean an neat . I KNOW ive gotten more work from my signwritten van . Happens all the time . It hardly happened in my old car . Lot of trad cars in my area looks cheap and sloppy . I Would never ever represent my Company Like that anymore .
You Are right that it is easy to see who is the summer only cleaners, old scruffy car, beat up ladders, but you Can look Pro in a new car, i use my brand new car for the job ladders and tools Are new, plus logo uniform and Work trousers, and i never feel out of place, magnetic signs on doors so in weekends and holisays i Can go anonomous. Most windies my Way use new private cars (the serious cleaners)

I believe it have something to do with what custys the cleaner is Targeting . I go for high-end areas , and commercial . Its not about it being an expensive van . Just neat , clean , and so your uniform . Get your act together and represent your Company in a trustworthy manner . I know someone is cleaning high end areas too in plain normal cars , personally i just wanna be sharp ,and look sharp .:cool: -all the small things Like change that T shirt everyday , wash those trousers , organize that van in back and front , so it dosent look Like a bomb just went off in your paperwork , combined with old bottles and burgerking graveyard :eek:.. Its the image in small things and big . Of course top quality work everytime , on time . :hehehe:

We Are on the same page David only you have a Van an me a car /emoticons/smile.png i dont target commercial but general domestic market, most of mine customers Are highend due to the fact of my Area north of Copenhagen. I clean from the little Working man in 2 bed apartment to the 30 mil. Mansion in end all comes down to attitude and doing good service like you mention

We Are on the same page David only you have a Van an me a car /emoticons/smile.png i dont target commercial but general domestic market, most of mine customers Are highend due to the fact of my Area north of Copenhagen. I clean from the little Working man in 2 bed apartment to the 30 mil. Mansion in end all comes down to attitude and doing good service like you mention
:thumbsup:

I used to use my little Toyota Yaris, was great fun cruising round in it. But really If had to give an answer I would say yes it does look a little unprofessional but that's not to say that many people are going to be put off- our dress, behaviour and knowledge will either make or break it for us. given the choice(meaning the spare dollar) I think most would pick a van just because it's more practical at least!

I have a pal who has been cleaning trad 30 years does all commercial high end jobs in the city and he goes around in a nissan micra ain't done him bad it's cheap to run easy to squeeze into tiny spaces and can leave it at the side of the road and most traffic wardens feel sorry for him and dnt slap a ticket on it were we live you can't park outside ur front door without a permit big shiney new van and ur getting tickets all day long he has the right image for the work don't matter what you park down the road in IMO

I've always used estate cars and they suit me fine.

Put everything in them lawn mowers,generators,power tools, ladders on top take the kids to school lol.

Doesn't seem to bother customers as long as I'm polite and works done correct and tidy, been self employed best part 15 years.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Latest Posts

Back