Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charging more for 6/8 Week cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

richard123456

Okay So I now price windows for a monthly clean if they want it any longer I need to charge a bit more. I was thinking I could add maybe 20 - 25% on top of a monthly clean. And for a 8 weekly clean maybe 30 - 35% on top. P.S I charge by window/doors and I am trying to think of a way to simplify things.

Is there any point charging more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay So I now price windows for a monthly clean if they want it any longer I need to charge a bit more. I was thinking I could add maybe 20 - 25% on top of a monthly clean. And for a 8 weekly clean maybe 30 - 35% on top. P.S I charge by window/doors and I am trying to think of a way to simplify things.
In my (very limited) experience, I'd say no. I've been wfp for nine weeks now and it's not taking me any longer to do an eight weekly clean than a four weekly clean. If I was doing quarterly cleans then I would consider charging a bit more. I always charge more for a first clean though.

I'm sure someone with much more experience will comment soon and tell me im wrong though /emoticons/wink.png

There is a point in charging more. If Mrs B has her windows cleaned for £10 every 4 weeks and Mrs C next door in exactly the same house has hers cleaned every 8 weeks for £10 then Mrs B might decide to go 8 weekly too. I would charge Mrs C £13 if she was on 8 weekly.

There is a point in charging more. If Mrs B has her windows cleaned for £10 every 4 weeks and Mrs C next door in exactly the same house has hers cleaned every 8 weeks for £10 then Mrs B might decide to go 8 weekly too. I would charge Mrs C £13 if she was on 8 weekly.
That is true tuffers I suppose it depends how much work you got

That is true tuffers I suppose it depends how much work you got
Agreed and if someone decides to go from 4 weekly to 8 weekly is it worth asking for more incase you lose them for good? For new customers I'd definitely charge more from the off for 8 weekly.

I charge the same for 4, 8 and 12 weekly, as i takes same time to to finish plus the customers like the transperency of my prices. I charge a fee if its a one off clean.

In my (very limited) experience, I'd say no. I've been wfp for nine weeks now and it's not taking me any longer to do an eight weekly clean than a four weekly clean. If I was doing quarterly cleans then I would consider charging a bit more. I always charge more for a first clean though.
I'm sure someone with much more experience will comment soon and tell me im wrong though /emoticons/wink.png
I think Charging more for a first clean and then just keeping the price the same for the different weeks is a better option. How much extra do you charge?

i do 4 - 8 weekly i dont charge any more i charge a good price and im getting a lot more selective which jobs i take on.

I think Charging more for a first clean and then just keeping the price the same for the different weeks is a better option. How much extra do you charge?

Normally I charge an extra 50% for the first clean. Saying that, today I charged an extra 100% for a first clean (they were a state) and yesterday I didn't charge any extra for a first clean that I did as they weren't too bad at all and the customer was an old boy.

I tend not to now as the jobs i take on now are nomaly the larger better money jobs iv just took some one on part time to canvass the larger walk up the drive type houses if he gets one every time he goes out il be a happy bunny.

6 or 12 weekly, no in-between as it means travelling back on yourself. My round is compact and full so charge the same price. I personally never do one offs anymore as I'm too busy with regular cleans :thumbsup:

i have 3 houses that are 6 monthly 2 are on there own & dont take any longer than normall so they are just priced normal the other is on a main road and is £18 instead of £12 but to be honest it doesn't take any longer than the ones its next to

I have for almost 2 years been offering new customers 4-8 & 12 weekly cleans, but I do charge different prices, for instance my minimum charge (upto 10 windows and no conny) = £15-£20 & £25, I charge an extra £10 on 1st cleans and one offs or cleaned after 12 weeks £50.

I don't have a problem with getting new customers at these prices

any 4 weekly house that is £30 or more then the 8 & 12 weekly price increases by £10

I charge half as much again on top so Mrs C would pay £15 every 8 weeks so Mrs C still saves money compared to Mrs B as Mrs B is paying £20 every 8 weeks and Mrs C £15. As for not having any more work to do on 8 week cleans....................Well, there's 2 months worth of dirt on my windows and I can tell, I just turn the flow up to full on 8 weekers using more time and water needs to be payed for.

I offer 3/6 weekly cleans and charge an extra £2 for 6 weekly, this is also used when someone try's to skip me so the old my cats just had the nails cut can u miss me this week, no but if I really can't do them it's an extra £2 next time so please don't ask again!!!

All this charging extra lark

If it is 4..6..8..10 or 12 weekly it is just another customer and still takes the same amount of time roughly to do the job maybe justified to charge a couple of quid extra for a 10 rather than 4 weekly but in reality it is just the same to clean

1 offs definitely charge more

I just get other customers to fill the gaps when i have 2 monthlys etc so still earning so why charge the customer loads more for something that maybe might take a couple of minutes more

All this charging extra larkIf it is 4..6..8..10 or 12 weekly it is just another customer and still takes the same amount of time roughly to do the job maybe justified to charge a couple of quid extra for a 10 rather than 4 weekly but in reality it is just the same to clean

1 offs definitely charge more

I just get other customers to fill the gaps when i have 2 monthlys etc so still earning so why charge the customer loads more for something that maybe might take a couple of minutes more
I'll tell you why because working at home is still work so your time spent planning your round and texting or phoning to arrange access and payment is time consuming.:hey:

Back