Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nothing booked in today.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

Bit of a random thread as I'm bored. I've had man flu this past week and worked through it, but didn't book anything in today in an attempt to shift it. I've completely lost my voice and been on the phone all day whispering at people.

My unger optilock pole broke the other day so I called window clean centre to get some replacement parts. About 60quid lighter for it as I added an unger ninja sleeve, and a load of hard unger rubbers. Are these things any good? I'm going through rubber like anything at the moment partly due to all the first cleans I'm doing, but also because the rubbers are rubbing on the BOAB and giving me lines. I figured the harder rubber might fight all of this off a bit.

I also picked up a few spare collars for the pole incase I broke them again. I use the pole so much for above connys, extensions, sky lights, and bay windows, and its easy to forget just how valuable it is so I don't want to risk anymore downtime.

Anyone else off today?

ye

Bit of a random thread as I'm bored. I've had man flu this past week and worked through it, but didn't book anything in today in an attempt to shift it. I've completely lost my voice and been on the phone all day whispering at people.
My unger optilock pole broke the other day so I called window clean centre to get some replacement parts. About 60quid lighter for it as I added an unger ninja sleeve, and a load of hard unger rubbers. Are these things any good? I'm going through rubber like anything at the moment partly due to all the first cleans I'm doing, but also because the rubbers are rubbing on the BOAB and giving me lines. I figured the harder rubber might fight all of this off a bit.

I also picked up a few spare collars for the pole incase I broke them again. I use the pole so much for above connys, extensions, sky lights, and bay windows, and its easy to forget just how valuable it is so I don't want to risk anymore downtime.

Anyone else off today?
yeah mate doing the garden this morning and chillin:cool:

i use hard unger rubber myself and like them a lot as they can take a bit of abuse:rolleyes:

if ya get a plastic/rubber hose and split it and put it on ya bit where ya blade hits boab might save ya rubber a bit

hope ya man flu goes away fast cus it aint no joke

Cheers mate, I'll see if I can find something around the house to pimp my boab. I'm glad the unger rubber is good, I've never tried the harder compounds but it was all I could think of to fix the problem. Its worth mentioning in this thread that the sales lady at WCC is spot on every time I call- always polite and knows her stuff.

Whats it like out in the garden where you are mate? The weather here is miserable.

was nice and sunny til 1 ish in co.Antrim and got my largish back garden strimmed and cut a load of leaves lifted and smallish front garden cut

now its overcast with light rain showers just finished watching B.S.B i had recorded

did all my own windows inside and outside yesterday and defo makes some difference

hardly wash my windows:rolleyes: he he til the mrs complains a lot

must look up wcc webpage see what they have

Don't blame you on the windows mate, you don't want to spend all week doing it and then go home and mess about on your own.

I don't think WCC are the cheapest, and they don't have everything (no wagtails, or red rubbers-shame), but they are good to deal with everytime. Always a pleasure on the phone, and delivery is super quick- often next day.

the dad of the main man at wcc cleaned windows on the empire state building. tenous link to fame .

iv found them all friendly when iv called into their store

For my BOAB I bought some bike handlebar grips & fitted them in mine. Nice tight fit & slightly stick out the hole so my squeegees are put in the BOAB in the rubber grips. Stopped my lines as mine kept getting nicked on the plastic.

yeh divvy here took to the bottom of the post to work out what boab was....:sad:

me alright me prayed for rain and got it thankyou up there...doing my glass roof conny....without wfp....it was a bit bigger than it looked as always...must get better :specs oh yes the money is under the bin as we will be out ....of course the wife was in...but i didn't mind too much as she saw how hard i worked and gave me a £5 tip and most of the time worked in the rain so not a bad day after all....mind you....i could have appreciated her not coming into the conny to have her dinner just at the crucial moment as i bladed the two windows above it with my blade on a pole....unfortunately haven't got past the blade disconnecting from the handle due to pressure from my pole on the spring and i was praying it wouldn't crash down on the glass roof ...thank god made it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh divvy here took to the bottom of the post to work out what boab was....:sad:me alright me prayed for rain and got it thankyou up there...doing my glass roof conny....without wfp....it was a bit bigger than it looked as always...must get better :specs oh yes the money is under the bin as we will be out ....of course the wife was in...but i didn't mind too much as she saw how hard i worked and gave me a £5 tip and most of the time worked in the rain so not a bad day after all....mind you....i could have appreciated her not coming into the conny to have her dinner just at the crucial moment as i bladed the two windows above it with my blade on a pole....unfortunately haven't got past the blade disconnecting from the handle due to pressure from my pole on the spring and i was praying it wouldn't crash down on the glass roof ...thank god made it.../emoticons/biggrin.png
result @cheapncheerful :thumbsup:

Don't blame you on the windows mate, you don't want to spend all week doing it and then go home and mess about on your own.
I don't think WCC are the cheapest, and they don't have everything (no wagtails, or red rubbers-shame), but they are good to deal with everytime. Always a pleasure on the phone, and delivery is super quick- often next day.
a good experience for you and @boarcity speaks volumes for them

Back