Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Out On My Own Again...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kips

Well, after having a row with my business partner I've decided to quit and start up on my own again. I've taken a bit of work that is local to me and a good commercial monthly job that I brought in recently but other than that, I'm back to basics, no van, no flashy website, look at me wave because I'm han solo. Just me and my little backpack system and some ladders and trad tools.

Kinda sad because it's the end of a good friendship too but shizzle happens I guess.

I am looking forward to building things up on my own though - it's going to mean a big pay cut to begin with and a lot of hard work but I know I'll be able to grow things into a good business that can support me and eventually my little brother when he's old enough to work.

In the meantime if anyone has any work in East Anglia they're looking to shift or rent give me a shout!

Actually it'd have to be rent because I don't have the capital to buy a round at the moment.

Anyway wish me luck lads!

good luck kips , id a similar situation 3 yrs ago ,6 months in a partnership and we went our separate ways ,it was the best thing i ever done and he didnt last 3 months after we split up so eventually i got all of the existing customers back

good luck with it. what happend to the work that you both had before? did it get split equally?

I've got some work you have in Hadleigh near Ipswich,I've moved and got to much on,I'm just about to sell it.only looking for a few quid.not a thousand.pm me for more details.

Good luck buddy. It might be tough to begin with, but I'm sure looking back in 6 months time you'll think it's one of the best decisions you made(forced or otherwise). Partnerships can have lots of benefits, but plenty of downsides. On a positive note- at least it's coming into spring time and out of winter. Canvass, canvass canvass- MAKE this work!

Yea, good luck Kips. As others have said, at least it's a good time of the year to be canvassing and building a round.

Mart.

I've read loads of your posts, they have helped me a lot. You seem a genuine and generous fella. All the best for the future.

Its like riding a bike, you never forget how to be a window cleaner. You just have to start up all over again, you will bounce back in no time.

Working with mates is always a mistake in my opinion, you start out with the best of intentions but something always happens. Still we live and learn

Back