Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Gutter Cleaning Campain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimbob, I wouldn't listen to what others charge as they tend to exaggerate online, must want to try make themselves look good or better than others..

Your prices state from £25... Just like smurfs website, where he also offers gutter cleaning from £25.. Go figure...

From* being the operative word.. You just don't know how much until you see the customer and property..

But it's your business and your choice so if your happy, then that's all that matters.. Simples

I'm sure you can figure that one out for yourself.
If I already knew the answer I wouldn't be asking.. So can you tell us? Or is it a secret? Just curious what job you would charge £25 for..

Pros charge more than £25.. Unless she is fat and fugly and desperate for cash.. Don't think there is a market for oap male pros with white beards

One of my first jobs when starting out using a gutervac was a back to back house with one gutter run of apprrox 6m hence why I mention price from £25!* (price subject to property size & site survey).

Since then I have learnt that it doesn't really matter how little guttering there is on a property as all jobs are different and some are more difficult to clear than others. Some badly blocked guttering & downspouts I've found quicker to do by hand which is dangerous work that not many would want to do themselves. Hence why I charge accordingly but have kept £25!* (price subject to property size & site survey) on my site as a hook if that makes any sense.

Great if you get work booked in close together ie shared gutter runs etc but also need to price in time for the quote also fuel costs etc that can soon mount up.

At the end of the day it's up to you what you decide to charge but for me I want to take on profitable work for my troubles. Simples...

Hope this helps?
LOL...

Lol...

Still laughing....

Right smurf £60. Your limit.

We will let u have a

£10. For fuel

£ 20. As your an old timer

So your limit now is £90.

Any think over that your going on bbc rogue traders lol.....

Now this awkward one I qouted over the phone last week and got a call this morning saying they would like to go ahead. Obviously they have tried to get other quotes but for some strange reason have chosen me. Oh Deep joy :Image16:

Awkward Gutter Clearing Job front aspect.jpg

Awkward Gutter Clearing Job rear aspect.jpg

That's Just to clear the guttering so how much would you charge then smarty pants belfast that is if you could do the job at all?
So you state from* £25 after survey and inspection? Yet you quoted over the phone?

I cannot give a price as I cannot see the rear of the property.. And travel costs would be approx £100 for the boat and prob £100 for fuel.. So there's at least £200..

How much are you charging ? £1,000,000?

Sorry poppa smurf I mis read it....

But I just hate the way you run everyone down on their prices.. "Simples" and "go figure" also p me off.. Your suppose to be 60 odds and you get on like my 6 year old..

So what's the back of this properly like so I can give you a price? Or so you not have a photo?

I'd be going in at £100 for that (if it was all blocked) maybe I'm just lucky but round my way people appreciate that it's a dangerous job when doing by hand and pay well to have it done

Smurf Just because you are older does not give you the right to knock everyone's prices ! you have a very narrow minded opinion on everything and its your way or the highway on everything window cleaning related, im not sure who you quite think you are because in my opinion you are an old man who charges ridiculous prices that would quite frankly not last in most areas plus at your age if you was all that great of a success you would have a few vans out out earning you £££ like my dad at his ripe old age, instead of climbing ladders and sitting on a forum at 60 years of age Simples :Image7:

It's down to the individual how they go about gaining work and what they think each job is worth. As for me I'm quite happy to plod along doing what I'm doing thanks very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back