Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brad proctor

Just wondered how everyone cleans the small windows that are difficult to clean with squeeze. I just rub them over with damp cloth but a lady said today that they don't look as good as the other windows that have been done with squeeze. But it can be a pain trying to get your squeeze in to those small windows. Has anybody else had any problems and how do you clean them?

if your not water fed pole. what I use for georgian windows trad is unger microwipe 4000 (the best cloth i know) and then an unger buffing cloth.

wet the glass with applicator then wipe off most with first cloth then buff up, will come up gleaming mate.

I'm kinda with taylormade, I've got a small squeegee but find it easier and quicker to wipe over with a slightly damp cloth or give a quick spray and wipe, then buff dry with a good microfibre. If theres loads you can get into a real fast rhythm, wet in one hand dry in the other and let your hands just do the opposite of each other.

Bit like karate kid. Polish on polish on lol.

I mix one capful of flash all purpose cleaner with pure water. Spray that on & wipe & buff.

Found astonish tile & window cleaner also very good.

Just wondered how everyone cleans the small windows that are difficult to clean with squeeze. I just rub them over with damp cloth but a lady said today that they don't look as good as the other windows that have been done with squeeze. But it can be a pain trying to get your squeeze in to those small windows. Has anybody else had any problems and how do you clean them?
It really depends how many houses with small windows you have. I have whole villages, and rubbing with a cloth is not good enough. Over the years I have kept all the odd channels, that I get from replacing my old ones, then, if there are enough windows of a particular size, I will cut one to fit. Actually, I don't have that many as the sizes seem to fall into the same categries. Not counting my main squeegees, I have ten small. I know it sounds alot. but these have been collected over 20 years or so. It can save alot of time having the right sized squeegee, for example I have a big farmhouse, all the front windows have 4 inch panes, 120 in all, the back has even smaller panes,about two and a half inches, 144 of them. I wouldn't like to do them, rubbing with a cloth. Another house I have has 440 panes that were all the same size, which was great because it only took about 40 minutes, but new people have come in and put new windows in, all of which vary in size. I could go on!!!

Back