Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Logo

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you're going to steal someone else's images or logo, you'll end up in court quicker than you could imagine!

what about if you change it slightly?? dont they have to have copyright on something to take you to court?? like EG: if i design a new brush for wfp and i havent got a patent it means ppl can copy it and i cant do diddly squat?

No you don't have to have copyright on anything anymore. Putting copyright or the C symbol (you know the one) is just for a deterrent/reminder.

Even if you take someone else's logo and change it about, you'll still be infringing on their copyright. Naturally, the more you change it, the harder it'll be for the original owner to tell.

Image recognition software is getting smarter all the time so its becoming easier to spot and report copyright thefts.

If you want the logo to go on your van, you'll need a high resolution (300dpi) or EPS/Vector version of the logo which you probably won't be able to get from Google. I say "probably" because sometimes you can.

NOT recommended unless you've got a good solicitor.

Inbox me if you want a logo done PROFESSIONALLY. You'll get all the original files and the copyright will be yours.

so whats the deal with the reach and wash logo i see on all the vans then, isnt that copyright /emoticons/wink.png

They must have an ionics system to use the logo..

On the seeclear website, why is the price of conservatories quoted on the number of bedrooms the house has lol

They must have an ionics system to use the logo..
On the seeclear website, why is the price of conservatories quoted on the number of bedrooms the house has lol
dunno but them prices my customers would smack me in the gob lol.
i seen quite a few vans with the reach and wash logo on them. and google facebook etc.

Ah well the reach and wash is slightly different as Ionics sometimes let their customers use their logo but from what I've seen its unusually and they don't automatically allow it.

If they do allow it, you'll need to have express written permission from them.

The alternative is to have a logo that's similar without intruding on their copyright.

Ionics aren't a company that I'd want to mess around with.

no the bigger companies arnt normally lol. ill come up with something simular like a wfp and a bloke cleaning or somthing.

This is why i want to create a stock room of photos for guys on here. Avoids the whole copyright issue.

I have photo's on my site that are "borrowed" but only for placement and idea. Website is not online, before it goes live i will either pay for them or remove them!

Back