Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you do this one?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yeah thought so, simple when you know. You no bother with conservatories then? What if you're canvassing go round the back to quote the job see a conservatory and have to say ah I can't do that..? Or just use the trad pole on the roof and do the windows normally ?

I've started using pro curve that I was given works well and just getting used to it, think they are expensive though so if not buy a Harris pole and there are several different handles ypu can get that will make windows like that alot easier, then just put your microfiber cloth on the end to detail, I attach mine with an elastic band works great and it's quick

I've seen guys lay a ladder on the roof with the botton of the ladder wedged on a wheel of a car or van before.:confused:

To be honest Jack, myself and my lads would just walk up that roof without a second thought, however both my lads know if they try to walk up it when it's wet or frosty they will get fired once outta the hospital! (They got there through the kicking I gave them for not listening when told 'Don't walk on wet roofs')

If you want a cheap way to start doing conny roofs, just get one of those £30 ally poles off ebay and connect to a customers outdoor tap. Pre spray the roof with G101, or UbiK or similar and then brush off.

Really? I think I'd **** myself trying to get back down on the ladder from the roof but Ive never liked doing that. Thanks for the advice again. Always good to have an extra string to your bow :thumbsup:

I froze once whilst trying to get down off a ground floor steep pitched roof. I was trying to get close to the ladder but my feet kept slipping. I was prating about for half an hour crapping myself. In the end I took my boots off and found out that my sports socks had enough grip on the tiles so I got back down onto the ladder eventually. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I froze once whilst trying to get down off a ground floor steep pitched roof. I was trying to get close to the ladder but my feet kept slipping. I was prating about for half an hour crapping myself. In the end I took my boots off and found out that my sports socks had enough grip on the tiles so I got back down onto the ladder eventually. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Hahaha.. Hate them situations you feel a right tit! This house is on a main road as well opposite a petrol garage so even worse!

To be honest Jack, myself and my lads would just walk up that roof without a second thought, however both my lads know if they try to walk up it when it's wet or frosty they will get fired once outta the hospital! (They got there through the kicking I gave them for not listening when told 'Don't walk on wet roofs')
If you want a cheap way to start doing conny roofs, just get one of those £30 ally poles off ebay and connect to a customers outdoor tap. Pre spray the roof with G101, or UbiK or similar and then brush off.
What about the watermarks @Green ?

0° swiveloc on a pole and fan the buggers like normal

Then detail if needed with microfibre on the end of the pole

Conny roof is easy just use pole

spray with ubik..scrub with old sleeve

Rinse with normal sleeve or custys hosepipe and squeegee off with 30° swiveloc

Jobs a goodun

I would just walk on the tiles in your picture if i was doing trad but these days i use wfp trolley on roads like that just for the tops.

On daveyboys picture the angle of the tiles is more extreme and it doesnt look safe to stand on and clean the windows but the ladders placed above the window might be fine, its hard to tell until u put the ladders up sometimes, how do you clean those dave mate? Sometimes when the ladder angle is at that sort of angel u find it hard to reach in and reach the whole window

Yeah the ladder is over angled if i use that

I just rest the ladder against the garage roof and pole it with my 0°

The 3rd house with the grey garage is my father in laws house. .the only freebie i do

Latest Posts

Back