Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heads Up - Apparent Harsh a Winter Ahead!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Let's hope there wrong again... The last few winters have been quite mild - more of that please lol

Flask, beanie, bodywarmer. All you'll ever need to get through the winter. I can't wait, only bit I don't like is it getting dark earlier as I like to start late and finish late.

On another note, I bought an army issue arctic sleeping bag a few days back, ready for camping out in the snow in january. I do it most years but I've used a 3season bag, and end up waking up in the middle of the night freezing my swedes off.

Woolley hat with earphones built in

Thermal vest

Cotton shirt

Fleece

Woolley socks

Flask

Fingerless gloves

Surgical gloves

BRING IT ON

Woolley hat with earphones? Are they Bluetooth by any chance? I just have a Woolley hat and Bluetooth headphones, they should do the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flask, beanie, bodywarmer. All you'll ever need to get through the winter. I can't wait, only bit I don't like is it getting dark earlier as I like to start late and finish late.
On another note, I bought an army issue arctic sleeping bag a few days back, ready for camping out in the snow in january. I do it most years but I've used a 3season bag, and end up waking up in the middle of the night freezing my swedes off.
Used to use army issue sleeping bag for winter camping on excercise

Poncho on floor to lay on and poncho bungeed between trees as roof

That is what is known as a proper bivvy lol

Was toasty and warm on aldershot training area sleeping like that in just boxers

Greenjackets nearby suffered while in tents as were sleeping in their kit which then gets damp through sweat and brings on hypothermia when they get out the sleeping bag..2 went down with it and ambulance took them away

Used to use army issue sleeping bag for winter camping on excercisePoncho on floor to lay on and poncho bungeed between trees as roof

That is what is known as a proper bivvy lol

Was toasty and warm on aldershot training area sleeping like that in just boxers

Greenjackets nearby suffered while in tents as were sleeping in their kit which then gets damp through sweat and brings on hypothermia when they get out the sleeping bag..2 went down with it and ambulance took them away
Thats the exact setup I use mate. Igot the old army goretex bivi off my dad who was in the army too. Can't wait to sleep warm for a change, had some **** nights in the past where i've wokenup at 2 and had to boil up abrew just to warm up.

Been there a few times mate

Slept on the stock of an sa80 a couple of times while on excercise

The clocks change next weekend so make the most of the daylight this week coming

What you camp out just to be early at a house to clean windows lol I have a lovely bivvy bag to keep u dry just incase you want to sleep on there door steps lol.....

What you camp out just to be early at a house to clean windows lol I have a lovely bivvy bag to keep u dry just incase you want to sleep on there door steps lol.....

M

Woolley hat with earphones? Are they Bluetooth by any chance? I just have a Woolley hat and Bluetooth headphones, they should do the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boy got em for me last year. Earphones are built in the hat. Not Bluetooth. Good tho they are. Coz the hats over yer lug holes the sounds really good.

This will be my fourth winter and to be honest with u all the past 3 winters have been easy to get by /emoticons/smile.png time will fly by ! We are in October now... Wait till the end of February when it starts getting warm again... February isn't far off is it ? haha it will be summer soon /emoticons/wink.png

Time will fly by. I can't wait till Christmas !

At least the day's get longer from then on.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back