Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pipe Carriers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I need to put my pole on my roof rack because im getting less room for my poles in my van /emoticons/sad.png ive seen some pie carriers on ebay and other places but they are over £100 are there any others that anyone knows about a bit cheaper but look decent?

That one from tool station would go in my van wouldn't it? The thing is my 36ft pole wont fit in the van properly

Just trying to think , how would i close the end off the down pipe and i would have to make an opener one end and slide it in

Cheers RC

It should do, but can't be 100% about it.

What van u got? How do you get the pole in the van at the minute.

I will go to tool station at some point and have a look at them , its well annoying that them carriers are soo expensive !!!

yer they are, another place to try to have a look at them is a pound store if it's a big one, might find one in there

Vauxhall vivaro swb View attachment 1190mate the smaller pole just about goes in and the 36ft one but only at an angle as in the picture , if i put them straight the doors don't shut which is well annoying ,

Neil,

If the pole is too long why not cut a 4" hole at the top of the bulk head, between the driver and passenger seats, then a length of 4" pipe cut to size to put the pole in. You can then secure the pipe with cable ties to the inside of the roof.

May find you have enough room and save yourself a bit of money.

Wow thanks everyone for your help , mark that is what RC was talking about that vid is perfect thanks mate, how would i tie this to my roof rack , cable ties? Can you buy them caps for the ends?

Wow thanks everyone for your help , mark that is what RC was talking about that vid is perfect thanks mate, how would i tie this to my roof rack , cable ties? Can you buy them caps for the ends?
Yer that's what I was on about, havent looked at video is it 110mm pipe? If so you can get end caps for them and glue them on, then they just unscrew to open. You could use cable ties, but keep an eye on them with movement of the van the could wear and snap,

I fitted these in a mates van and used the proper pipe clips you can get with then and fixed the clips with those bolts I gave link to earlier

Back