Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flow Control

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

I had been wasting time and water using a microbore tap as my only flow control.. Decided to purchased a few of these http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info%5fFIT%5fFLOW%5fVLV%5fPUSH%2ehtml

And I must say they are great, easy to hold in your hand with the pole.. No more setting pole down to go to microbore tap to turn off etc..I had wanted an aqua adapter, but thought it was as much effort to reach to pull hose as reaching to turn this wee tap

Good idea, I'm not a fan of the aqua dapter still have it in the garage.

I now have the tap on the end of my hose reel attached to my unger belt velcro system. Got the idea from someone on here. I can now turn the water off quicker and easier than with the aqua dapter on. Plus already had the belt so didn't need to buy anything.

Good idea, I'm not a fan of the aqua dapter still have it in the garage.

I now have the tap on the end of my hose reel attached to my unger belt velcro system. Got the idea from someone on here. I can now turn the water off quicker and easier than with the aqua dapter on. Plus already had the belt so didn't need to buy anything.
I have the same tap on the end of my hose, and I also tried attaching it to my pouch and belt.. But it felt real heavy dragging behind with the weight of the micro hose and that tap itself is heavy, also having it stuck to me was annoying.. But these wee flow valve fit on the pole hose, and are very light compared to the microbore tap, you don't even notice it in your hand and it's just a quick turn for on/off..

Just seen them in eBay for a little cheaper

Maybe? Lol.. Before I was going to buy the proper holster for that tap to go on the belt, but it just feels heavy on your side so decided t would been a waste of money.. I also was trying the kink idea between the windows, but that was a nuisance too lol

I had been wasting time and water using a microbore tap as my only flow control.. Decided to purchased a few of these http://www.gardinerp...W_VLV_PUSH.html

And I must say they are great, easy to hold in your hand with the pole.. No more setting pole down to go to microbore tap to turn off etc..I had wanted an aqua adapter, but thought it was as much effort to reach to pull hose as reaching to turn this wee tap
Belfast, i've just received my CLX 27 today with the flow valve pre fitted. I'm curious as to what end of the hose this should be?? Its been fitted approx 5Ft from the EZ Snap tail connector. I don't why but I had the impression the flow valve would be needed nearer to the other end of the hose (near ur hands when using the pole) for quick use.

Where abouts have you fitted yours mate?

when the pole is extended then the tap will be close to your hands . i think having them prefitted is waste of time as you might as well use the tap at the end of your micobore when they are not extended

when the pole is extended then the tap will be close to your hands . i think having them prefitted is waste of time as you might as well use the tap at the end of your micobore when they are not extended
Yeah i hear what your saying actualy. I'm a complete newb and didnt take into account that the pole will be extended 30ft! :wacko: :rolleyes: Ahhwell

Great service though. Was delivered really fast!!

Hey mate, mine would be about 5ft from the ez snap, I just hold the hose with the valve in my hand on the pole ( does that make sense, if not watch Alex video ) these valves will be pointless if you don't hold them in your hand.. When your pole is fully extended there won't be as much extra hose, but when it's down there will be a lot of hose about at your feet.. The 5ft after the valve will be long enough so your microbore hose/tap can stay on the ground and not feel heavy behind you, or like your holding something heavy... ( does that make sense lol ) sorry in **** at explaining things lol

Hey mate, mine would be about 5ft from the ez snap, I just hold the hose with the valve in my hand on the pole ( does that make sense, if not watch Alex video ) these valves will be pointless if you don't hold them in your hand.. When your pole is fully extended there won't be as much extra hose, but when it's down there will be a lot of hose about at your feet.. The 5ft after the valve will be long enough so your microbore hose/tap can stay on the ground and not feel heavy behind you, or like your holding something heavy... ( does that make sense lol ) sorry in **** at explaining things lol
No thats great thanks mate. It makes perfect sense to me now! I originally watched Alex's video and it just looked like he had if at the other end of the hose from the EZ snap tail but now I understand it wasnt.

Think I was just making the perfect rookie mistake of confusing myself when it arrived! Lol

Cant wait to get it all hooked up now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back