Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this good enough for patios and driveways?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

eje2edap.jpg

Let me know ASAP please /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you a happy to spend £1042 as per first link - then you may want to consider adding £400 and getting one like this

[media]

[/media]
the one you listed above will be ok for a while - but don't do same mistake Ive done - bought a cheap one and in 8 months it was useless

if you a happy to spend £1042 as per first link - then you may want to consider adding £400 and getting one like this
[media]

The first picture I can get brand new for £500 ? Is it worth it or should I save up some money?

I'm just adding this on to my business so won't be doing big stuff like car parks and that sort of stuff just domestic

Hi Neil, I bought that Jetmac last month, only done a few jobs with it but can honestly say it is great. Very well made, and plenty of grunt for what I need. I paid just a little more for the 12lpm model though which also included the power nozzle for driveways. The guy who sells them is very helpful and got it to me on a tight deadline for no extra cost.

I'm just adding this on to my business so won't be doing big stuff like car parks and that sort of stuff just domestic

Same here. I couldn't justify getting anything more expensive but I needed something that matched the power of the hire model I used to use. this is bang on for what I need and its fits in the caddy van well standing up.

I've found over the time I've been using these that them with Honda engines are the most reliable and better all round but depends on how often you use it I guess

Hi Neil, I bought that Jetmac last month, only done a few jobs with it but can honestly say it is great. Very well made, and plenty of grunt for what I need. I paid just a little more for the 12lpm model though which also included the power nozzle for driveways. The guy who sells them is very helpful and got it to me on a tight deadline for no extra cost.
Tolish Is that price on the pic inc vat or is there vat at the end when you checkout?

I have a clarks model Neil similar to the one at the top of your post but they are a little bit more expensive and there are cheaper ones out there but my old man always used to say to me buy cheap buy twice good luck with it machine mart do a good range of clarkes and the staff at my local branch are very knowedgeable about the engines etc

All ebay prices are 'as is'. The link I gave you is slightly different in that it has a higher LPM then the Jetmac model you posted.

Do I need to buy a rotary tool as well to do patios ?

Do I need to buy a rotary tool as well to do patios ?

a good rotary one costs around 500 quid - even so I rarely use it as somehow leaves uncleaned patches (However Smurf mentioned that I may have to "tune" the nozzles ) here and there so I have recheck with turbo nozzle . For some jobs I had ( especially on concrete ) the rotary worked fantastic and it saves a lot of time

Last edited:
Neil most jet washers mentioned above will serve you very well - however the most important thing for me is how long it will take to finish a job and I can tell you a 21 LPM will save you a lot of time vs above washers - The only bad points of a 21LPM - you will need a ramp as is about 65kg and it will need a tank ( small or big ) to suck water -as it has a double feed .

A tank bloody hell it's not as I thought it would be , do you lot use customers garden tap to do your work? Cheers everyone for all replies

I had one big issue with 21lpm machines - the custies water supply couldn't keep up!!!

I'd recommend Jetmac - I've bought from him before & his gear is good and very well priced for what you get. Terry will custom build something to suit your needs if you ask him.

My recommendation would be a machine with a 13hp Loncin engine (Honda is better, but Loncin is a decent brand where you can get replacement parts & its a LOT cheaper, so perfect for starting out) - dont get the cheap generic pump on it though, as you'll be able to get brand name pumps serviced locally, so its worth the extra expense.

As for psi - you can get 4000psi pumps that kick out 15lpm or 3000psi pumps that kick out 17-18lpm,.. I've used both and found the 3000psi pump better,.. I didn't miss the extra pressure at all, but the extra flow did help me get the job done quicker.

Flat surface cleaners are rubbish if you have less than 21lpm - and like I said, very few customers supply's will fill the barrel as fast as that machine will empty it, so I personally found it more of a frustration than a help on residential work - so I much prefer a decent turbo nozzle on the slightly smaller machine instead.

There's 2 other things you should consider spending money on:

1. Extra hose - these machines are HEAVY and its not practical to move them 3 or 4 times during a job. I'd get 30mtrs of hose minimum (I bought 50mtrs and a reel on my last machine). The lighter single braid hose would be my preference.

2. An "X-jet" chemical sprayer. This clicks onto the end of the lance instead of the nozzle and has an extra hose which drops into a barrel of chemicals (TFR or Hypo). It sucks the chems up as you spray and is an incredibly quick way to apply chems to large surfaces (25 litres of chem can be sprayed in 2 minutes flat!) which is great for big cladding cleaning jobs or spraying Hypo for algae removal.

You NEED a buffer tank - the customers feed won't keep up!

The tank keeps filling even when you're not pulling the trigger, so it means you get a constant supply.

Also, low tap pressure fed directly into the machine can damage the pump,...

Back