Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing roofs

Nwcrob

Thinking about getting in to soft wash roof cleaning, get asked about it all the time

My main concern is how you access the roof safely, we advertise ladder free and working safely from the ground, and would be using an employee to do the work, so don't want to use ladders

What do people use, I can imagine getting lots of domestic work, would use access machine on commercial, tower wouldn't work if I tried to clean my own house?? Most pics I see online are ladders or roof ladders

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

20170207_105902.jpg

You do it through shed loads of training and proper equipment.

Cherry pickers are ok but very limited access for domestic work.

Learn how to softwash before you decide to try and softwash a roof.

Also be sure your insurance covers you.

f7ac436d95568e0dce903ad6b92b2d77.jpg

I was thinking about something like this??

If your on the roof there's still a risk of damaging the tiles

Also if I give someone shed loads of training and they leave I'm back to square one

Do you thinks one of these would be able to do both sides from the front of the house by getting up over the ridge

Also if I give someone shed loads of training and they leave I'm back to square one
And if you dont you'll be crying when the destroy a customers roof and your insurance and you are being sued by the client. New roofs come in on average between £80 - £100 per square meter.

Do you thinks one of these would be able to do both sides from the front of the house by getting up over the ridge
Not even close. This won't even get you close enough to the roof to apply chems safely. Try spraying from cradle and the slightest cross breeze and you'll be cleaning the neighbors cars, lawns and so on.

Rental of a picker like you pictured is about £200 per day if you can find a local cheapy. For one that may get you close enough from a decent firm you're looking at £450 per day.

There is ALWAYS a chance of damaging a tile which is why your TRAINEE needs to know how to replace them and where the local reclaim yard is to get some when he does (which will happen at some point) damage them.

I was thinking of buying a van not renting per day

I'm in the early stages of looking into it customers ask me all the time and I have quite a few, so want to get into it

What's the average price for a 3 bed detached roof? Where would if find out more about training?

A mate of mine has just got into soft washing so going out with him next week to do k rend walls but he doesn't bother with roofs because of access issues

100% honestly a decent van like the one pictured wherr the boom still works perfect with good service etc. Is going to cost you between £5k and £10k.

Rope access training will cost you £500 for a two day course. Softwash training cost depends on which of the so called experts you choose to go to.

There is no average price for a roof. You need consider type of roof, pitch, access, areas of country, roof condition and so on.

If you want to PM me an address or two I will happily price it for you tonight so you have an idea of what you're looking at.

Back