Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Different customer types and first clean charges.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

For the most part there are only two main customer types.

1: Those acquired by door knocking (canvassing / hustling)

2: Those that seek you out. Either by calling you up from an advert on a flyer or poster or by hunting you down through the internet etc.

The first type are impulse buyers, can be fickle and mayb well run for the hills when you ask 2x or 4x or whatever the monthly clean for a first clean.

The second type have gone to the trouble of finding you so when at their property with them and your pointing out paint splatter and general 'greying' of sills etc and you tell them 'Well first you need a good deep clean to get them all back to mint, remove all this paint here and this scum here' etc ect and you tell the that that's going to be 4x the normal clean they're generally fine with that and you are exactly the cleaner they have been after as you will get them truly clean and keep them that way.

Throughout August I quoted 42 jobs. I got 34 as regulars after an initial first clean of 4x (in short earnt the same as I would have doing 136 regular cleans) and 2 more just wanted one off.

One of my main 'tricks' is whilst at the quote pick a small side window, mankier the better, give a quick go over with the WFP to get the surface crud off and show the client what you're doing. Show them how clean 'most windies' get their frames. Then get your Unger Rub out or similar and quickly do half the sill and the the second they see the true difference between 'clean & clean' they are happy to pay a first clean charge.

Interesting post Green, I generally add 50% on top for first cleans but would like to start charging more, what other tricks do you use for closing the sale?

I like that 'trick' of showing them how clean you get the windows, demonstrates the quality of the service you provide...excellent selling point. Do you get your gear out when you turn up to quote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back