Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

White gutters with green algae

THL4KEL

I normally just clean the inside of the gutter but I am now doing the outside which has a build up of green algae. Do you think if I apply pure water to the gutter and have a bucket of pure water and washing up liquid dip my wfp head in the bucket and give it a scrub and then use the back pack with pure water to wash it off it will look to a good standard?

Magic sponge does the job I'm also trad and if you have ladder up to clean it out

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

if up there bucket of hot soapy water & 2 cloths. Keep one wet and wipe worst off, then use a damp one to dry off excess/get the bit you missed. That's how I did them before I went wfp. Takes longer but does the job.

Bucket with screwfix no nonsense degreaser and water or mix it in backpack and spray it all

Leave for 5 minutes then scrub and rinse

When i used backpack i used to scrub with the contents of the backpack until it needed refilling then use garden tap to refill

By the time you have refilled a few times to finish the job the backpack will be rinsed out and ready for windows again

If wfp, spray diluted ubik/degreaser onto brush, scrub onto gutter with flow as low as it can to keep brush wet, leave 5 mins then a quick scrub and rinse will do the job. Tap water will do fine, saves your pure. As I'm about to finish I drain tap water out, 1/4 fill backpack with pure, shake it about to swill it out then flush out whilst I finish gutters, then onto pure for the glass.

Great advice guys /emoticons/smile.png - Does it make a mess of glass if it lands on it or the floor or walls of the building if it drips on it? There is a conservatory underneath where I am going to be cleaning.

Great advice guys /emoticons/smile.png - Does it make a mess of glass if it lands on it or the floor or walls of the building if it drips on it? There is a conservatory underneath where I am going to be cleaning.
Yes to glass, not so much brickwork. Just rinse Conny off after. Also leave windows until gutters are no longer dripping, just in case

Cheers Clisty, I will rinse the conny roof but he's only paying me for the gutters inside and out so wont mess around with the windows to much, might rinse them at the very most. '

i think I'm gonna get screwfix no nonsense degreaser, i got the job on Friday and cant get hold of UBIK quickly.

I always add the price of windows in tje quote but don't tell the customer that is what i have done..i just say that the windows being cleaned is part of the job due to the chems i have to spray about

Hopefully its not a hard job this one, the gutters don't have any plants growing in them so fingers crossed no issues and then just geting the algae off.. I bought the wrong back pack it has no flow control and its not really a back pack its more like a bag with a strap.. That will slow me down as it gets through water very quick.

I just reconfigure my pump. Keep a 25 l bottle for water and degreaser in the van and dangle the feed hose in it and spray it straight onto gutter through that, then i have another one or a bucket or something being filled with tap water as in pic for rinsing off, then change hoses to my pump back for cleaning windows with pure water.

But I'm changing my plumbing in the van and hopefully soon i will just have to turn 2 taps to get it fed from a jerry can not from pure tank

IMG_20170413_144035699_HDR.jpg

i spray tfr20 leve for a few minits then wfp off unless they need a magic spung to get stubern stains off then ill pop up the ladder and finish off with the spung

Has anyone used one of those extendable lances that fit to a pressure washer to clean the fascia? They extend upto 7 meters

The lances for pressure washers are OK in their place but at full extension of 7 meters vertical they are just a whip and take huge ammounts of control.

Also a pressure washer will not remove the gray inground staining from upvc.

Use one of of these to wet the outside of the gutter.

51z-h14obxL._SY355_.jpg

Then use a spray bottle to apply Ubix or cleaner of choice to your WFP brush head.

Work it in to a good lather. You can hook your WFP to the garden hose with one of these

$_1.JPG

Incase you need more water.

Once all lathered up just rinse with the first tool. No need to mess about wasting pure water ect..... it's plastic.

Back