Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help!

Clearview Lee

bought new Sureflo pump about 4 months ago, and I work part-time really.

I've needed to have it on 99psi just to get around a block of flats, and it's been trickling out as thou it's on 60psi - enough to do job! On last few windows and the thing is just spitting water on me. Can't clean with that. Battery is fully charged.

Thanks in advance.

bought new Sureflo pump about 4 months ago, and I work part-time really.
I've needed to have it on 99psi just to get around a block of flats, and it's been trickling out as thou it's on 60psi - enough to do job! On last few windows and the thing is just spitting water on me. Can't clean with that. Battery is fully charged.

Thanks in advance.
Blockage? Do you have a filter inline just beifre it?

1e1a6b391e7ffd3c856e1f0d79110366.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figures on the first level increase or decrease the flow of water at the brush and aren't related to psi at all. They are just 100 divisions of flow rate; 0 being the least and 100 being the most the pump will push out through the hoses and jets.

The faster the flow the more energy required to push that water through the pipe. Your pump needs to push the water harder and so needs more pressure to do it. If your flow is fine at 50 but starts to stop and start (cycles) at say 70, then you need to recalibrate the controller so it will cut off at a higher pressure. This will enable you to work at that flow without the water switching on and off (cycling). Raising the calibration figure raises the electronic pressure control. Not sure why you would want to run the pump at 99 though.

Its at 51 now so what happens if you raise this to 61 or 70? The higher you go the more stress you put on components.

If you are pumping water through that di vessel, then disconnect the di vessel from the system and see if it changes anything.

We use Varistreams and they divide their flow segments into 9. I usually work with 4 or 5, but never anything higher. We clean up to 45 feet without any issues at 4 or 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
I run at a flow rate of 60. My calibration is about 60 too. I set mine up incorrectly at first and never extend the pole fully. It works fine now though.

We don't have auto calibration on Varistreams like you cleaners do who use Spring controllers. We have to set ours manually.

If I turn my flow up to 7 with my current DE calibration, my pump will start pulsing (cycling on and off.)

The figures on the first level increase or decrease the flow of water at the brush and aren't related to psi at all. They are just 100 divisions of flow rate; 0 being the least and 100 being the most the pump will push out through the hoses and jets.
The faster the flow the more energy required to push that water through the pipe. Your pump needs to push the water harder and so needs more pressure to do it. If your flow is fine at 50 but starts to stop and start (cycles) at say 70, then you need to recalibrate the controller so it will cut off at a higher pressure. This will enable you to work at that flow without the water switching on and off (cycling). Raising the calibration figure raises the electronic pressure control. Not sure why you would want to run the pump at 99 though.

Its at 51 now so what happens if you raise this to 61 or 70? The higher you go the more stress you put on components.

If you are pumping water through that di vessel, then disconnect the di vessel from the system and see if it changes anything.

We use Varistreams and they divide their flow segments into 9. I usually work with 4 or 5, but never anything higher. We clean up to 45 feet without any issues at 4 or 5.
So @spruce woukd having both settings higher increase flow rate? Does the cal setting affect the flow?

Thank you very much ALL. Still working on it step by step. Disconnected di vessel and seemed to flow nicely. Just changing the Resin now as it's about time. Then I'll re-cal from your vid Jake. 34ft pole erect and ready! Anon....

The flow does slow down quite a bit when I reconnect hose to di vessel. What could this be? I've completely emptied it, washed it out, put new resin in and reconnected it all etc. I'm wondering if it could be to do with the plastic filter bits inside the di vessel?? Is one (bit that slides) meant to be at the top? I've done that. And resin 3/4 full.

Back