Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Came across a bird trap

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i bleve that if i see the trap is set i will let local animal rescue workers know. theres a sanctuary less than a mile away theyll give him hell when they find out he might be catching cats etc . observe the resulting fireworks in the local paper praps

I clean at a posh country house where they lay magpie traps. They dont keep them in the trap.....they just shoot them!. Magpies are not popular for some reason. I dont agree with killing animals for no reason and dont like to see this practice with magpies, but it seems pointless to ditch the customer because of this. Ditch them or not, they will continue with their cruel ways.
I thought the practice was to cut down the Magpie population and give the song birds a chance to thrive. Magpies raid the nests and take the eggs or young chicks. (not saying I agree with the practice, just passing on what I was told as a country lad).

that may be true and as i posted earlier i once swatted a magpie away from near a starlings nest so i know theyre predators . but seeing this trap close up ,with bait in it , for some reason it sent a shiver down my spine.

I thought the practice witselfs to cut down the Magpie population and give the song birds a chance to thrive. Magpies raid the nests and take the eggs or young chicks. (not saying I agree with the practice, just passing on what I was told as a country lad).
Yes, I have been told that as well spc, but I prefer to let nature sort Itself out.

Back