Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

George and palm e2 setup

koopmaster

So after several years I decided that I wanted to make my life a little easier.

I have george which I love. I print out my weeks work and work out a days work and crack on then when I get home its (paper work) time.

But I decided I wanted to do it quicker so I went onto ebay and bought a tungsten E2 for £20.

I downloaded the palm software an installed it and then read the bad news... palm does not work on a 64 bit windows pc... bugger... but being a ex engineer I didnt give up. So after some googleing I found a workaround. Bluetooth ..

But I didnt have a bluetooth laptop. Its toutchscreen but not bluetooth.. so ebay again for a bluetooth dongle.

I got it delivered on Wednesday so plugged it in and set it up. Next I installed palm, and george palm

I also had to follow the palm setup and create a virtual port on my bluetooth.

Then I synced and george was on my palm. Cool. So I worked all thursday with george but as a backup I used paperwork. Got home and synced. Dam it didnt work. Then I saw a link on my desktop saying palm config..

You have to tick update and choose your days.. NOW it works.

All my data syncs and I also have my debt list which I can update on the fly

Hope this helps others. And now I have a extra half hour at the end of the day.

I use palm on the tungsten t, it saves allot of time updating work, never come across a problem runs on palm 5.0. But info good to know if a problem arises when changing to another palm.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

At the end of the days work, I just use George in diary view which compares exactly to what I have on the job sheet and I just go down the list clicking done, done, skip, done etc, the software makes it so simple and is one of the best 50 quids I've spent.

Mart.

Back