Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Egg Stains

P

Paul

I got a call yesterday to go do some windows I turned up and the windows had hard stains on them, it must of been egg from months ago the woman had just moved in, I tried Virosol to try budge it no luck, I tried White vinegar no luck, I tried to scrub with a Brillo pad still there never budged it at all, any ideas?????

Doesn't budge it mate it looks more stained than anything I tried to sSwear word!e but it doesn't actually feel like your sSwear word!ing anything

who knows mate, I've never came across egg that I couldn't sSwear word!e off. Is it tempered glass, maybe?

I use an under sSwear word!e which grips the blade with two points on one side, then one in the middle on the other, and subsequently bends the blade slightly. So on one side only the corners of the blade touch, and on the other, the middle section of the blade contacts the glass, could it be that maybe?

No it's not tempered glass, it's beat me anyways I havnt a clue the only thing I can think of is trying to polish it out but havnt a clue what product to use

you could try steel wool, I have never used it on windows, but I have heard loads of people recommending it in the past. The is little pads you can buy in tesco's with a pink solution absorbed in it, cant remember what they are called, its "bio..." something I think, but I have used them on the glass door of my cooker, and they are very good, they wont scratch or damage the glass.

The is little pads you can buy in tesco's with a pink solution absorbed in it, cant remember what they are called, its "bio..."

Brillo? Lol..

Must be inside Paul? /emoticons/wink.png

The is little pads you can buy in tesco's with a pink solution absorbed in it, cant remember what they are called, its "bio..."

Brillo? Lol..

Must be inside Paul? /emoticons/wink.png
Yeah that sounds right, I would try these Paul before the brick, I think that would be best /emoticons/wink.png

Removing Egg Stains

1. Use a dull knife or a spoon to remove as much of the egg residue as you can. Trust me, this will make your job much easier. Use a clean absorbent cloth to dab the rest of the stained area to absorb any egg residue.

2. To help loosen the egg stain, try to sponge cool water onto the front and back of the fabric. This will allow the water to soak in and loosen the egg.

3. If the stain is dried and crusted onto the fabric you may need to rub some liquid laundry detergent gently onto the stained area. This thick crusty egg has to be dissolved a little to be able to remove the parts attached to the fabric.

4. Soak the egg stain in cold water, occasionally rubbing between your fingers, until the stain starts to soften and break down. Rinse the clothing well. I recommend soaking for at least 15-30 minutes. Some egg stains may need to be soaked longer.

5. Egg is a tricky stain. So after soaking check the fabric to make sure that it has thoroughly been removed. It may be a good idea to let the clothing air dry to make sure that a ghostly yellowish residue doesn't remain when dry. Repeat the steps above before drying to make sure that all of the stain is removed.

6. Wash according to the clothing instructions. Check the stained area again after washing to make sure there is no egg stain left before drying in the dryer.

Tips:

1. Soaking is the key to removing dried in egg stains. Don't be afraid to let the fabric soak for up to 30-45 minutes for tough stains.

That may work for fabric but its different on windows

Back