Customers not understanding wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 28, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok so iv had this 3 times already now

picked up a customer yesterday as he wants them done every month not just the summer like his old window cleaner does.

so he wasn't familiar with wfp so i explained how it all works
    anyway did the job and the front windows where drying nice perfect intact

so i chucked gear away and said all done and he poped out i showed him the windows half dryed and he was like aww dont u wipe the windows i explained how it drys streak free ect

so he said aww i dont like it looking wet lol really nice guy to tho

i said give it a hr and thayll all be spotless and give me a ring if ud like it done monthly (no ring yet lol)

had the same last week with a woman and she rang me back mega happy lol

anyone else have people not familiar with the wfp ?
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Yeh had a old guy come out asking why we were doing it with a brush, so explained as you did, how it works, and he said mmm no I just had water drip on my head when I came out my door to look ( stop being so nosey then) and he wouldn't believe that they would dry nice and clean.

The best of it was he wasn't even paying for it, it was through a FM company.

I think it's a case of you just can't tell some people they know better :-/
  3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Feb 27, 2012
    Iv had quiet a few question me Leaving windows wet even after I explain lot just looked puzzled even had one cancel and say he could do wht I do with his hose pipe lol

I am here:
  4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Yeah dude, plenty, especially older customers, totally baffled!. But as long as they are happy with the results, eh?.
    On the other hand, i had one old biddy swear blind there must be something in the water to stop them getting dirty, she was convinced that her windows were staying clean for longer, after i started doing them!. :)
  5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Get this a lot yea. Some people are so stupid lol.

Stuck in their ways. I just get on with it. I say if ur windows are clean, then they're clean!
  6. laddergarder

Nov 29, 2011
    If they are unsure, tell them to give it a couple of hours, and if they are not happy give you a call. Tell them if they don't dry spotless and cleaned to a high standard, you will give them there money back. I found this to be the best way to reassure older customers, who were off about me cleaning there windows in light rain.
  7. Reform

Reform Guest

nooooo, never offer a refund! its a nice gesture, but there are too many out there willing to rip you off!

All new customers are told about the system in full prior to starting, if their out then i leave a Q&A leaflet about the system. There is no need to offer a refund, just assure them you will return and clean them again if they are not happy.

Most of all, you must make it clear that it is typical and very likely that the first couple of cleans may leave spots and streaks, but this is not representative of the standard of your work, or the systems ability. reiterate that you will return if they are not happy, and reassure that after a few cleans they will be spot on (or spotless as it may be ;)) and the systems benifits are worth giving it a chance.

i have always done this, and never had a problem.
  8. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    A phrase I've used to good effect is "It's not ordinary tap water. That would just leave a horrible mess and stains from limescale. No this is purified water. I've got a 7 stage filtration system (5 differant filters on my ro & 2 on the di) at home that's cost me megabucks" (all true).
    Some warm to the whole thing especially if they even just a tint bit about ro or de ionised water. Others just feel baffled by the science, which is also ok.

After 8 months it's been good. I probably have lost 1 or 2 customers, but the gains easily compensate.[hr]
    Ref last post, should have read "tiny bit" not TINT bit. (must remember to preview posto)[hr]
    Didn't realise if you're quick enough it just adds to last post. Interesting.[hr]
    See what I mean.
  9. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    LOL ye can't remember the time span we set but it keeps things a bit neater.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.
  10. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Yes, absolutely, this is something i do if it is a 1st clean, esp if very dirty windows. I explain that due to my giving the frames and vents a good clean, there might be a run or two, maybe a couple of marks, but if there are, they will come off, and stay off by the 2nd clean.