Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin TDS variations...

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Hello chaps, quick question for those that use a fair bit of resin.

I changed mine today (I have an RO primary so only need to change resin every 8 or so months)

I was up to 002ppm so decided as I was doing all the odd jobs and cleaning van today I'd best change the resin.

I did this and turned on pump and got out my TDS meter. First reading 003ppm, 30 seconds later 005ppm 1 minute later 000ppm

it has now settled to a consistent 000ppm but I am just curious if that little jump is a normal thing when changing the vessel?

Hello chaps, quick question for those that use a fair bit of resin.
I changed mine today (I have an RO primary so only need to change resin every 8 or so months)

I was up to 002ppm so decided as I was doing all the odd jobs and cleaning van today I'd best change the resin.

I did this and turned on pump and got out my TDS meter. First reading 003ppm, 30 seconds later 005ppm 1 minute later 000ppm

it has now settled to a consistent 000ppm but I am just curious if that little jump is a normal thing when changing the vessel?
The last refill I did it came out at 000 to start with then went up to 002 after a few days and went back down to 000 and has stayed there for quite a while. I keep a log of when I change my resin. The last change was on 25/11/15, it will start creeping up when I start back I'm sure of it.

Back