Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 Complaints This Week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Had been cleaning these houses for about 4-5 months now wfp..

1 house I only do 1 dormer window inaccessible by ladders and 1 bathroom.. There is 3 other upstairs windows I have to do by ladder because it's inaccessible by pole.. Guy comes out when did you start this? I don't like it? Dosent do a full job.. Told him I never asked for any more money cleaning that window so if you dont want it done I'll not do it, the rest is still done by hand!! Oh oh ok then...

Next 1 all wfp, has seen me everytime doing this with the pole.. Paid my dad and told him I don't like this way, leaves the windows all streaky.. She drove on out to work. So was a good day and was dry by time I'd finished the street.. I went back to look, Her windows look brand spanking new not 1 speckle on the glass at all...

Feel like calling back to see what she thinks now and if she still complaining she will need a new window cleaner

i have complains about water on the floor etc, i just turn round and say it will cost you more for someone to trad clean than wfp clean and this is now the industry standard way of cleaning im afraid, soon shuts them up. if i get more than 2 moans from a customer there gone now coz i cant be bothered with moaners. i went self employed to get rid of nagging bosses etc and have a more stable comfortable life.

To be honest I can’t be bothered with "you left my window wet brigade" anymore as all my domestic customers know beforehand how I clean windows now. May I add they are all delighted how clean their windows look too.

Like I said before you get good and bad cleaners whatever methods they use. /emoticons/biggrin.png

ive seen some wfp cleaners not even bother with the frames and they do the glass, this baffled me. i always start on the top of the frames then do the glass then rinse the smaller of the window first and then move to the bigger ones and then last the window below the smaller one, i do this so if theres any dirt on the smaller one i can rinse it off last. i never had problems but i get the your brush scratched my sills brigade lol. i also seem to have a problem with lead windows, the lead seems to come away from the glass, its not my cleaning as im pretty carefull, have you had lead come away. i got 4 homes who have this lead on there windows and it always happens. thankfully they havent noticed this yet and i keep poking it bk into the hole it came from.

Fake double glazed leaded windows the type that is stuck on the outside I've never have had any issues with.

What I call (antique) really old leaded windows and stained glass windows to be honest I would stay well clear from as generally the leaded panes of glass can be easily damaged using wfp.

i just changed my brush over, i was using a gardiners superlite brush and tbh its not that light and it seems to scratch the sills and damage lead on the glass. not to mention the bristles keep coming out, maybe its losing its winter coat :lol:

i just changed my brush over, i was using a gardiners superlite brush and tbh its not that light and it seems to scratch the sills and damage lead on the glass. not to mention the bristles keep coming out, maybe its losing its winter coat :lol:
LOL you love bashing gardiner dont ya /emoticons/wink.png In 3 years never scratched a sill, damage to lead sounds like heavy handed operator and "not that light" what are you comparing it too exactly. Considering Gardiner is known for "lightness"?

Technique on leaded windows is a must. If you are going from top to bottom you are probably ripping the lead off. if you go from side to side, little bit of pressure you can clean and rinse at the same time.

Brushes shouldnt damage the sills, unless your using a garden brush and a hose pipe to clean windows!

Am no wfp expert but I think people just make any excuse cause they hate the idea of wfp!

Do you know what I mean? The same sort of people that say, Oi my windows are still wet! etc etc

Ever used a Vikan? Compare that to a Gardiner!

nahhh my other brush is a gardiner lol but yeh these customers who moan are the ones who say dont come next time miss us out were going on holiday blah blah, they must have 6 holidays a year. if i say ill put you on 8 weekly then they say nooo nooo noooooo we want 4 yet they never have 2 cleans in a row they always miss one or hide so i dont clean.

Brushes shouldnt damage the sills, unless your using a garden brush and a hose pipe to clean windows!
Am no wfp expert but I think people just make any excuse cause they hate the idea of wfp!

Do you know what I mean? The same sort of people that say, Oi my windows are still wet! etc etc
We got rid of all the moaners 2 years ago.

One guy said it wasnt personal enough for him, the lad who was with me had to hold me back as i wasnt happy with the comment lol!

i dont get complaints, but i am my own worst critic, i noticed a few marks on some windows after wfp and i'll be buggered if i can stop them happening, i think i will try some citrosol and blitz the frames and seals on theses windows to get rid of the **** in the seals. i gotta admit though this last couple of days i dont want to use the wfp and go back trad for a few weeks, i like doing this so i can get up close and personal and see what exactly the wfp is doing. still after 6 months of wfp i dont trust it 100%

Know where you're coming from Keir. I watched these fellas wfp the other day. Seemed like the pump was on full blast and they flew through the house. I did notice that they hardly rinsed, just a quick zig zag. I've only been doing wfp for 6 months or so, but I rinse until all the water left from the scrub has been covered by the rinse. I still get the odd pane when I go back for payment that has spotted. It always seems to be the same houses too. Must be the seals I guess?

ill be honest today i cleaned my own windows and i went inside after 20 mins and they had dried, upon inspection i thought omg if i do my customers like that then ill be jobless soon, there was all kinds of sticky stuff on the glass and insect **** welded to the windows. this was me giving it a good going over aswell. /emoticons/ohmy.png

ill be honest today i cleaned my own windows and i went inside after 20 mins and they had dried, upon inspection i thought omg if i do my customers like that then ill be jobless soon, there was all kinds of sticky stuff on the glass and insect **** welded to the windows. this was me giving it a good going over aswell. /emoticons/ohmy.png
ha ha i did mine last week, and did " a quick " job on them thinking if i go over board on custys houses then lets see how they turn out, they were pretty damn good but still the odd spot here and there but i REALLY am looking for it whereas a normal custy doesn't.

just seems to me that some windows react brilliant to wfp and others hate it and no matter how hard/time you spend on them they just wont dry perfect. but then i also notice when tradding you can see a diagonal line where you stop and change direction, especially when their dirty, its like the soap film is a magnet for muck......so there's no perfect way. i will citrosol them and report back

We have got some houses that after two years of wfp, they no longer spot. I used a screwdriver to peel back the black rubber and it was spotlessly clean under it. On a new customer we picked up, i had a quick look. Under the seal was loads of muck! So proof enough for me, that causes spotting.

Yeah I had some muck that had overflowed from a down pipe onto a window today. It had baked on, I scrubbed and scrubbed, but it wouldn't come off. So I thought bugger it, out came a scrim and it cleaned off no problem. Then I wfp it. Glad the crusty didn't see me do it as I told him it's the best thing since sliced bread, haha.

Back