Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water catching in rubber and marking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

charlie tapper

Hi

I have been noticing when I have been rinsing down the glass the water dripping down from the frame ( I give the frames a good clean every time) and catching on the rubber at the top and then beading down and marking

no matter what I do it still catches in the rubber and beads down the glass.

does anyone else have this happen and what can be done to stop it .

I go bk to the window and rinse again after also. But its slowing me down on jobs having to go bk to the windows marking .

my brush is clean and water on 001

Thanks for any help

This thread might help http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/problim-windows.11411/

and maybe @Tuffers too?

HiI have been noticing when I have been rinsing down the glass the water dripping down from the frame ( I give the frames a good clean every time) and catching on the rubber at the top and then beading down and marking

no matter what I do it still catches in the rubber and beads down the glass.

does anyone else have this happen and what can be done to stop it .

I go bk to the window and rinse again after also. But its slowing me down on jobs having to go bk to the windows marking .

my brush is clean and water on 001

Thanks for any help

More and more of my regular jobs seem to be spotting all of a sudden. I'm getting sick of it.
What I'm noticing is the little line of beads. Some windows have up to 7 bloody lines of them. Frames are clean etc. I also notice that if you rinse very slowly a couple of beads down the line that they reappear even when it's not running from the seal at the top.

Me got OCD? I dunno.

some times i rap a scrim round the brush an wipe the top fraim an sill its a pain in the ars but it wrks a treat on realy bad rubbers i only do that on the ones that blead the black stuff out a also spray ubik2000 on the brush that seems to help get the black stuff out an clean the fraims bk to white again

Yes, I have noticed the same at first, but regularity really helps. Left longer than a month, they can start to do the same. If it's an issue long term, it could be the windows that are old and harbour dirt. Offer to organize replacement of seals? If a customer is that bothered, then they'll replace them.

www.metcomcs.co.uk

If anyone's seen the documentary that Lee Burbidge did on a day out with Wagga, they have a technique on there which stops the annoying spotting from the water running from the rubber seals. Looks pretty simple - have yet to try it as only just watched it yesterday but could be worth a watch.

[media]

[/media]
If you skip to about 37:30, they explain their technique here. I plan on trying this out on my own windows tomorrow, will let people know how it goes if they're interested?

If anyone's seen the documentary that Lee Burbidge did on a day out with Wagga, they have a technique on there which stops the annoying spotting from the water running from the rubber seals. Looks pretty simple - have yet to try it as only just watched it yesterday but could be worth a watch.
[media]

Good video that is. I like Lee Burbidge :thumbsup:

So have tried the method as suggested in the video, and can confirm it does seem to work. Our kitchen windows are quite bad for water running from the top sill but using this technique on them does seem to stop the annoying constant dripping afterwards :thumbsup:

So have tried the method as suggested in the video, and can confirm it does seem to work. Our kitchen windows are quite bad for water running from the top sill but using this technique on them does seem to stop the annoying constant dripping afterwards :thumbsup:
One thing I have noticed using that method is leaving little white bristle marks as you are not rinsing that part of the glass.

One thing I have noticed using that method is leaving little white bristle marks as you are not rinsing that part of the glass.

Thats why i stopped rinsing on the glass, and went back to jets, rinsing off glass, even on three storey houses, i rinse off,

used to get them rush marks, not always. john.

Back