Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

Has anyone ever bought any window cleaning work and if so what do you think a fair price is ? 3 times the monthly income?i've seen on that window cleaning round for sale site some work going for 10 times the monthly clean??

Some will try for 10X depends on the round.

25 years running - £5000 a month - ALL WFP

Will command a premium!

i just sold some work.

got 6 cleans.

great work, great customers, great payers.

estabilished 11 years.

i thought 6 cleans was cheap

a good round can be kept for your full working life.

just was 30 miles away from me so thought time to get rid.....

18 years ago i sold my round at the time and got 2.5 cleans.

good customers and water fed pole work well worth buying....

If it is established and they are food payers it all depends on your area and what someone is prepared to pay. Where I live in Essex a good round will sell for 6 to 7 times the monthly value.Before buying these lower should take you round and be prepared to lose some work. I am not sure of the percentage but inevitabely some customers will take the change as a chance to stop having a WC.
If it is established and they are good payers it all depends on your area and what someone is prepared to pay. Where I live in Essex a good round will sell for 6 to 7 times the monthly value.

Before buying these lower should take you round and be prepared to lose some work. I am not sure of the percentage but inevitabely some customers will take the change as a chance to stop having a WC.

Essex boy is right work into your budget to lose a few. When I brought work in the past lost between 5-10%

Over a period of 6 months due to them not liking me or me not liking them but then a fresh face in the area you pick up more work and sort of cancels out. I paid 3x for a couple of rounds and 5x for days work. It depends how long the work has been established, access issues and how compact the work is. Sold some work last year at 1.5 x because it had access issues and wanted a quick sale as didn't want to do the work no more. But always go round and have a look at the round before agreeing a price as the asking price might be more than he is willing to sell for. Like when you be a used car and they want £5000 you think I offer £4000 and you settle at £4500 same with a round worse they can say is no

nearly is spot on. The biggest issues are access. If a WC is remaining in the business and tells you he is selling off some of his work because he is too busy you can almost guarantee it will be his rubbish that needs someone in to gain access, has balconies that need ladders (assuming WFP) or is underpriced.

Let's face it, if the work is good work why sell unless of course you are I'll or similar.

Also, ask some of the customers how long the seller has been cleaning their windows. When I started out everyone selling had good well established work, 6 years...blah, blah, blah......except it was a few months.

Just be careful and write down what you want and make sure you get it or farirly near to it. Obviously be realistic, when buying work you have to be prepared to meet in the middle.

Of course you could always canvass (sorry for swearing).

The guy i'm buying it of is going to retire he wants 5 times the amount and the round does on average 3600 a month so a fair bit of money

He has got some good priced work but also has some not so good mixed in with it, the work is very close to my own so would fit in well ,just abit nervous as alot of money involved and worried about the handover.

Thanks for all the advise

joe 34....

your right to be worried as its alot of work and alot of money.

think u need to ask yourself are u going to be able to get the work done and your own every month.

plus do u really need that amount of work....

unless your a big company with several lads working for u i wouldnt buy it all.

ask if u can buy £1000. worth of work then if thats good then in a couple of months buy another £1000. worth.....if the man is retiring he wont mind selling it a bit at a time....

then u can cheak work out and if its good buy more if its **** dont....then your not £20000 down

if someones got a big round for sale..... ask them to sell it in portions /emoticons/smile.png

And nwcs.... if u got any more work to get rid of plz let me know mate

yeh but next week ill have 1 day then the week after ill have 4 days again then 1 day after that lol

ive only got 170 customers and i do it over 10 days...

so thats like 17 houses per day average mate

Its a lot of work for one. If you had nothing else you would struggle for a few months because you don't know it. You know yourself the quirks of your round, best place to park, run your hose etc.

£900 a week extra....that's more than most can do when they know a round.

You could end up making a hash of it and losing a lot.

Work out what you want in monetary value and where you want it and make an offer in relation to that.

Although it is good work he will struggle to find someone with £20k cash in one hit.

Good luck

Back