Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New slx 27 whos got one?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

Anyone got one of the new slx 27 poles ? Any good? Read they are shorter than the skx 25 I have...

Noticed out of stock last time so whos snapped one up

I have one had it a couple of weeks I don't use it as an every day pole as I have a few different ones my main pole height depending is a 22extreme so my opinion is slightly biased as I have and use extremes.

It has a shorter collapsed length than a slx 25 so perfect for shorter vans and bottom Windows and has a slightly stiffer feel to it but I find it feels quite weighty and a larger diameter bottom section(handle).

It will give you the extra height and a better feel on 3 storey work avoiding over stretching but obviously this is compensated by the weight and larger handle.

If your used to the slx range then it's a good pole and with the extra height but shorter length you will like it but if your work dosen't, require the extra height all the time I personally would get a shorter lighter every day pole.

Personally when it dies or I retire it I will replace and stick with extremes in my opinion they are a lot better and worth the extra money.

Hi CGH, what kind of servicing do your Extreme poles require? I'm currently considering purchasing one but having been used to an SLX which has been a solid pole without the need for much maintenance I'm wondering how they compare.

Hi CGH, what kind of servicing do your Extreme poles require? I'm currently considering purchasing one but having been used to an SLX which has been a solid pole without the need for much maintenance I'm wondering how they compare.
I don't do much to be honest and treat them the same as my slx.

I dry of the sections with a cloth when I collapse it down and wipe the hose to avoid grit going up inside when I pack away, my poles are also stored in holders I also avoid closing windows with them.

How do you deal with open windows? I have quite a few that I have to close.

If you are wary of breaking the pole extend a couple of sections from the bottom and turn the pole upside down and use the butt to close the window

I have a series 2 Xtreme with metal bands and right now my thoughts are I wouldn't spend the extra money on the new Xtreme , I had to have a No3 snapped section replaced under warranty and I accepted the new Xtreme section as they had no series 2 sections in stock for a week or so .

All standard sections wear at the same rate not sure in the future if I could justify the extra spend ,As the stepped sections on the Series 2 Xtreme are genius and greatly reduce the wear had mine over a year now and will be seriously disappointed when it has to be replaced .

I went mad when the seris 2 were on offer and bought 5 extremes in different length so should last me a while had one section broke on me when closing a window all wrong but find them light rigid and robust. I strip them once a week and flush and wipe sections also the tubeless seems to keep the muck out but I do worry when they die I won't like the new ones

Back