Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what size ladders?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fozzer

hi all so I need some ladders that are fairly light and will reach bedroom windows on semi detached house, as I will be carrying them no car yet

any help ,much appreciated

cheers

my opinion, 10 rung doubles are the size for window cleaning and id say get trade ladders , LYTE make. 10s are small enough to get up alleyways round the back of houses AND are light to carry allday . Many solo windies get DIY 10s in Wickes , the youngman make , these are lighter still, i myself had a set of these,very good but in winter the rungs are small and slippy , better to buy the trade ladders from the off

if you plan on doing gutters you need 13 rung doubles ,of course these are heavier and more awkward to get down alleyways

Get trade ladders you don't wana be down the local DIY shop buying a cheap ladder,

ive just replaced my ladders after 8 years nothing wrong with my old ones either apart from was a bit heavy

I just bought 3 x 12 rung ladders LYTE trade ladders 3.5metre, reach gutters think 13kg

£99 each

And I use Articulated Safety feet on my ladders and I replace them each year.

You sure they're 3x12 at that weight and size

I recently sold my lyte trade ladders..the elt range..3x12 rung 8.5 metre nearly 30 kilos and cost 150 quid

I've been using a nine rung, trade rated, triple (Titan I think), might be a bit heavy (18kg) to carry them without transport and a windie friend of mine thought they were heavy (although he is using a domestic rated double) so would seem heavy by comparison. 2.5 meters closed, extend to 5.6, tall enough for gutters or pitching onto Facia to get over bays and small enough to get through some houses with no rear access. Could just take off one section and use as a nine rung double that could do 95% of windows.

You sure they're 3x12 at that weight and sizeI recently sold my lyte trade ladders..the elt range..3x12 rung 8.5 metre nearly 30 kilos and cost 150 quid
Sorry I ment I just bought 3sets x 12 rung (doubles) ladders just checked them 14kg

And I also got the triple 14rung ladders when I was there and these are 28kgs

I know the triple 12 rung are bleedin heavy with ankalad fitted

At 1 point i used them as my daily use ladders

Very good for a pre gym workout doing 15 + houses a day with them lol

Lite trade double 10s are very good ladders. Brought my last set from Brown's ladders next day delivery and good price.

I would definitely recommend a set of articulated feet and a set of ladder mits for the top .

Not to heavy and feel very safe .

Stay away from the domestic ones they will not last

Latest Posts

Back