Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Experience Window Cleaning, What Do I Say When Canvassing?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I will have my ladder on the roof rack of my citroen Xsara and will clean traditionally, when canvassing what do I say if they ask me how long I have been cleaning for? And if I lie and say two years won't they think it's strange that I am doing it in a car?

Not at all mate, there is a windy here he has used his car for the past 10 years he works 6 days a week 8 hour days and has 4 lads working for him full time he makes a fortune, it's not what you drive it's how you do your job

Be truthful and say in just starting out if they ask.

Don't lie from the off.

What's wrong with being new?

I don't get the rush to be dishonest with your customers before you've started...

Nooooooooooo, don't lie! Lol

Your out there trying to make living. What more do people want..........

just be honest /emoticons/smile.png and say to them u do a good job /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png tell them if your not happy wioth my work let me know and ill come and do it again for u /emoticons/smile.png simple

just be honest /emoticons/smile.png and say to them u do a good job /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/biggrin.png tell them if your not happy wioth my work let me know and ill come and do it again for u /emoticons/smile.png simple
I bet your used to it ay ya by now H lol

I'm going out on a limb here and say you need to lie. Or at least bend the truth. I wouldn't feel comfortable having an inexperienced window cleaner going up a ladder on my property.

Everyone needs to start somewhen but maybe don't let them know you're starting now...

If you need to do so, practise on your own/family/friends' houses to really acclimatise yourself to how to go about doing the job proficiently. l

When you are confident in your abilities to do the job, you won't feel uncomfortable when you are asked how long you have been a window cleaner, and will be able to look people in the eye and tell them that you are new to the business, but are taking it seriously.

I believe that honesty is not the best policy ... it is the ONLY policy. Your business relationship will be founded upon mutual trust, which will begin the moment you meet your potential customers for the first time.

There is nothing wrong with being new to the job. We all were there once. But start lying to the customer, or being lied to by them, any trust that existed between you and customer will be lost forever should the truth ever come out.

Best wishes,

John.

So not say i worked for a local big company and am starting out by myself so using my own car?
The choice is yours. When I started out, I worked with a friend for 3 months before starting up on my own, I. If anyone who asked me how much experience I had, I told them the truth. I didn't get any negative responses from being straight with them.

John

up 2 u mate if you feel comfotable lieing then go for it... if u cant lie... then be honest lol

Fake it till you make it. Say, "ooh, ages now". If I was stuck in a lift, 2 hours would be 'ages'. Its not technically lying, just using very subjective terminology...

Fake it till you make it. Say, "ooh, ages now". If I was stuck in a lift, 2 hours would be 'ages'. Its not technically lying, just using very subjective terminology...
Yeah this lad knows the score /emoticons/tongue.png

Back