Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

targets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
I got this idea from @Damo

I now have targets per hour such as £30 by 9am etc

Tried it today and it definitely gives you a kick up the arris

The work i have done today usually would take until about 3-3.30 bit i am finished now giving me more time to sit on the sofa with a beer (should be canvassing but cannae be bothered)

That is the plan anyway to free up more time to get more good paying customers

Anyone else set themselves targets throughout the day?

The only targets I'm setting myself at the moment is a minimum of £30 an hour. In a way, it seems a bit ridiculous considering I was earning £8 an hour in a warehouse only eighteen months ago. I'm finding that as I'm getting more established and getting more houses together, the hourly target is very easy to hit so now I'm pushing myself for the next target.

Prior to my dad's accident and me working less in order to help take care of him (and to give my mum a break) I was building myself up to a target of £200 a day, five days a week. That's had to go on hold for now although I'll push on again in the spring.

I have a laminated card with what I should be hitting each and every hour.

It can make the work a bit less fun but it does work.

Like to see over £200 a day. Got an office in the morn. £175. Start at 5.15. Will be back in my house by 9. Wish I had one of those everyday

everyone should be looking at turnover targets,i probably work differently from damo but the result is the same,

i've calculated my fixed overheads daily allowing a bit of flexibilty for fuel as its pretty much impossible for me to have a compact round,

i now know how much or how hard i need to work to acheive my desired daily turnover(remember i've calculated my daily overheads)

so from 9am i am pushing myself to hit that target-once i hit it i'll push myself again as you said daveyboy its suprising what you can do when you motivate yourself.

its a strange thing and those who use this method would agree with me in that once you hit that daily turnover you start to look at your equipment more,ie would a lighter pole help?(remember a new extreme would cost £2 a day to own over the year),electric reel might save some time (again another £2 a day to own over the year)etc the list can go on and on,useing the target method really really works- it boosts your business no end

For me it's not about more money per week as i have a round that suits me and gives me time to concentrate on other jobs like softwash, conny roofs and fascias etc (i would like to do a full day a week of this type of job which is what i am aiming towards)

I do however like to get my work done quick so i can get home

Worth pushing yourself if you can have your days work done early afternoon

the extreme poles and electric reels are to reduce RSI later on in life though.

So although my profit may be less I am essentially future proofing myself ( I hope )

My target is £25 an hour, 4-5 hours a day, that leaves me with plenty of leisure time.

Having said that, reading this thread has made me think about setting new targets

This is interesting setting targets obviously it's feast or famine in this game but I allways say to myself everytime I leave the house I want to come home with at least £100 turnover

You could save the head games and just set yourself a weekly target and then amount of days you wanna spend earning it. And that's it. If you do it all in those days, great, you're on target. If not. Not great.

Are you not leaving the house till 8.45am?
/emoticons/tongue.png:p:rof:/emoticons/smile.png)
:rofl::rofl:I used to wait till 9 to start but now i get out as early as i can

The main thing I aim for is a mini.um of £100 per day. Once I've hit that I relax a bit knowing that's the amount I need to cover my bills and have a bit left over. Anything extra is a bonus.

1 thing I need to do when I get chance is to organize my entire round as is completely mixed up. Once it's organise into days I need to make sure i complete the days work rather than thinking oh I'll do it tomorrow and go home at 1pm.

The second thing I need to do is decide what services I'm offering and what's going to be the best way to manage it all because at the minute I'm all over the place trying to do lots of different things and its not efficient at all.

funny how this thread has came up

just today ,first day of my new work plan

this is how I used to work

start work 7am mcdonalds work complete 7.45am. ***** around until 8,30

start my graft,stop for lunch 11,30 until 12.30 drive to high st more faffing and fannying around

then catch up every afternoon 5pm tea break collect home 6pm

thank the lord penny dropped

now I go out one quick lunch break finished 4pm no later home 4,20 this is my new work plan. pus collect every other night after tea

still making the same coin but getting in 4,20 what a winner

wasted some time in past. now i,ll have more times for leasure and pleasure

funny how this thread has came upjust today ,first day of my new work plan

this is how I used to work

start work 7am mcdonalds work complete 7.45am. ***** around until 8,30

start my graft,stop for lunch 11,30 until 12.30 drive to high st more faffing and fannying around

then catch up every afternoon 5pm tea break collect home 6pm

thank the lord penny dropped

now I go out one quick lunch break finished 4pm no later home 4,20 this is my new work plan. pus collect every other night after tea

still making the same coin but getting in 4,20 what a winner

wasted some time in past. now i,ll have more times for leasure and pleasure
kinell thats some serious working hours!

Mines more like get to first house at 9. Usually 15 mins for lunch max if at all, last house around 2-3. its rare im home later than 3

kinell thats some serious working hours!
Mines more like get to first house at 9. Usually 15 mins for lunch max if at all, last house around 2-3. its rare im home later than 3
thats my aim Adam no more getting home late

Im usually knackered by about 1pm and really start to slow down, but maybe its the weather it been a bit warm lately..

I dont do a lot of hours but i do go flat out with minimal fannying

My targets done on houses. If i got 25 to do in a day i wont stop until in at 15 then see where i am alway aim to be home by 3 to pick my boy up from school

No target setting in my day. We start at 8, work til when I say I've had enough, usually around half 3 or 4ish. We half elevenses' at, er, 11, which is about 20 mins and half an hour around half one.

We work hard, but don't race about as I want to enjoy my day and come home not knackered.

Mind you, my trusty worker is leaving this week, so until I sell off some of my round, I might have to put my foot down /emoticons/smile.png

No target setting in my day. We start at 8, work til when I say I've had enough, usually around half 3 or 4ish. We half elevenses' at, er, 11, which is about 20 mins and half an hour around half one.We work hard, but don't race about as I want to enjoy my day and come home not knackered.

Mind you, my trusty worker is leaving this week, so until I sell off some of my round, I might have to put my foot down /emoticons/smile.png

@steve garwood on the subject of working with an employee would you say its am easier day having someone to help? also do you think its more profitable to work alone or with 1 employee?

thanks

Back