Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water on/off switch on pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Decker

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good tool that stops the water when you have finished a window with the pole??

Losing too much water at the mo.

Cheers..Decker

Hello mate. I use a simple hose-tap on my hose- I simply hold the hose in my pole hand and turn off in-between windows. Cheap, quick fix- saves lots of water and available from any WFP supplier around £5ish.

If you wanted something a bit more 'snazzy' your looking at a Aquadapter- you simply tug the pole hose to turn on/off. People have mixed reviews of these however, and they are more costly to buy at £30ish and require fitting.....

I loved my aquadapter although more expensive that a simple tap I loved it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the pole hose externally now and just pinch the hose which works well for me.

Might still try foggys new aquatap though as can be used which ever way the pole hose is configured to see if it's anygood as I got fedup with keep tugging me hose /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just like to point out that foggys aquatap has had mixed reviews too. The main one being the water turns off when you don't want it to as comes greased up so is too loose for some. Apparently foggy has said you have to take it apart to remove the grease they used to make it easier to assemble or fit oversize o rings to titghten it up. Either way seems a bit of a pain in the **** to me.

been using a remote in the pocket for my trolley,thinking about either that in the van system or the little tap in the line.

dont fancy the aqua's, heard the tap can turn itself off if you dont use it right on lower windows and the aquadaptor heard people have snapped springs or something inside, seems like theres more to go wrong while your working away?

sounds like good idea ricei have mine on the hose tail at moment still pain in the xxxx tryed it top of pole might tape it to pole
Actually I've got two taps, one at end of hose from reel which is a rectus type, the Gardiner tap is great because it tapes completely flush onto the pole whereas rectus are not & a tad bulky. I'll have to remember to take a photo tomorrow.

could,int get used to tap in the hand posh all fingers and thumbs, got small hands too,

Simple tap on the hose. Keep it in my hand & just turn it on & off as needed. Also good for altering flow.
taped to pole could be gd idea

Aquadapter for me, brilliant but can be a pain but personally i tried a tap only and ended up getting tangled in meters of hose lol, if you keep the aquadapter clean its fine as for springs snapping yeah i have had 2 snap in a year and they take a few minutes to replace so well worth it for me but deffo personal preference

Latest Posts

Back