Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it pointless canvassing at this time of year?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

watch out at this time of the year. people will take the pish saying they want windows cleaned regularly then dump you next time you go to clean. they only want them done for xmas. ive had phone calls & voice mails of chancers i cleaned this time last year asking me when can i come & do the windows :rolleyes:. wont be happening:). if they had said at the time they only wanted them done the once for xmas i would just give them a silly price take it or leave deal.
Me too won't take em on xmas? If they want them done then they will ask after xmas, just had a message on facebook asking me how much to clean her sons bedroom window? I replied saying we are a professional service and don't do individual windows, she replies back 'we will have them done regular next summer only that window needs badly doing' :bangheadwall:

Surely if you're canvassing 10-4 u only do it on Saturdays? (No one is in during week!)
The girls are hitting up the more affluent areas Mon-Fri 10-4. Very low number of council houses in these areas

(not that there is anything wrong with council houses but experience has shown that those home during the day in a council house are usually on benefits and it wont be long before 'I haven't go my giro yet this month' becomes a familiar excuse)

Those at home day time are as said previously, stay at home mums, retired folks and those that work from home. These are the best customers to get as it means there will be a fair chance they will be home when you do the work in the future and can pay on the spot.

The girls are currently bringing in 1 customer each per hour which is a nice steady flow and they are paying their own way so happy days.

Back