Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Enjoying It Anymore?

• Thread starter Five Valleys Services
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

F

Five Valleys Services

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so be gentle. This is rather a negative post for which I apologise but just wanted some advise from fellow professionals.

I got made redundant from a job in IT back in Apr 2012 and thought I would take the opportunity to try something I've always wanted to do and work outside. It started slowly but has gradually built up to the point where I could clear £500/week on a good week.

However, recently I have found myself being less motivated to do some of the sh1tty jobs on my round. To be honest I dread some of them (you know the thing - awkward access, fidly pole work, inefficient working, etc, etc).

I don't want to give up but just wanted to know if sometimes anyone else feels this?

Sorry to be a bit negative.

hi, welcome to the forum.

try not to let it get you down, we all have times/jobs like these, if its such a chore to do them then dont, drop them and replace, im guessing most of your jobs are good and its only the odd few that get you down so it shouldnt be that hard to replace them, another alternative would be a small price increase, even 50p per house spread over the whole round should mean you can drop the bad ones and be earning the same money for less jobs. just a couple of ideas for you

I think everyone gets to this stage.

If your clearing 500 a week, then go use every spare minute to flyer and canvass, get it so you have so much you cannot take anymore, then employ someone to do the work, especially the pants stuff, and then while they are working....get out and get even more work /emoticons/smile.png

Yeah been there myself mate, rubbish winter, wet summer, awkward custies, u name it i've had it.

Like cns said get yourself out there canvassing/leaflet dropping and when u gain more than enough work drop the rubbish.

Im all good now and love working for myself, you will reap what u sew bud so stick with it, it will be worth it mate.

And dont worry about be negative we all like to have a rant on here from time to time! lol

Anyway good luck with it pal! :)

Hi, We have all had that feeling, last year around march or April a few of us started feeling that way.

I still have houses like that. Even last weekend I had a few that I was "dreading" or kept putting them off. I went and cleaned one of them first thing in the morning just to get it out the way.

Actually it was £30 and he emailed me and cancelled because he sold the house which actually made me go PHEW... but next month or two I am actually going to know the whole street because the money was good.

My advice, try to get the houses next door or in the street and do them early in the morning and get them OUT the way...

Well said koopmaster,we've all been there,only Jan and Feb to go then hopefully good weather,that's what's it's about.I've been doing this all my life and for myself for 4 years and I've had plenty of moments.just crack the bad ones out first thing then do the cream ones,window cleaning love it !!!!!!

just remember that January is the most depressing month of the year and its almost finished.

we have a month or perhaps less of cold weather and it should start getting better. Sunnier days and warmer and by then your hand will be better and you can work at full speed.

Just stick it out and stop now and then and do that yoga breath stuff and say to yourself it WILL get BETTER.

Matt

Thanks for your helpful advise and support. It's been a treacherous 12 months for us as a family what with one thing and another (wont go into that).

I just want the buzz of earning money with my own hands and kit and putting it into the family pot.

It will come.

'Wake up and smell the Ungers' is what I say to myself.

Thanks & good luck.

Welcome to the forum mate, I jacked my job in just before christmas, and became a sole trader full time window cleaner on 3rd Jan, this is the first testing week I have had weather wise ( area missed all the snow) I'm a tad worried but I knew it had to happen, windys on another forum said I should wait till march to start but I thought I would only get nervous next winter & worry about the weather, this time next year I will have had 2 winters under my belt & hopefully I will be a bit more relaxed about the weather, but I'm loving it just now the main worry I have is cash flow but my wife works full-time so that helps.

The posters on here are brilliant & all I have had is help on this forum.

Oh guys you were correct I cannot present my £4000 receipt for the four rounds I bought which is a bit of a bummer.

a good video helps me from time to time i feel how you feel but i dont earn £500 a week cleaning windows lol.

watch this mate keep yer chin up

I think you have done brilliantly to be earning that amount of money within 12 months. I think the jobs you despise the most are the ones you have underquoted. We have all done that and to be honest, its a lesson learned. You have had some bad luck with your hand and the weather has been ****, but winters back has almost been cracked. Hang in there mate.No surrender!

Thank you mrtaytay, inspiring words.

I think I just have many many worries hitting me at the mo and it has had an adverse effect on my confidence/motivation.

I'm sure it will get better.

Good luck to you and all the other posters. Thanks.

Latest Posts

Back