Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help on pricing these gutters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Calvin

Any thoughts on a price to clean all gutters, fascias, soffits etc on these two fairly new build blocks of flats guys?? Gutters will be emptied beforehand so it'd just to clean plastics all round. They also want the little grey paths all round the two buildings pressure washed aswell so any thoughts on this? I have a figure in mind but don't want to sell myself short!! Let's see what you guys would charge.....?

View attachment 6659

These types of posts really sort of bug a little bit. (no offence intended) reason I say that is I do not care what @daveyboy1 may want or @Eviestevie may charge (names used just for examples) only thing I care about is how much I would want for my time and effort.

You obviously have a rough idea of how long it will take you so just multiply that by your hourly rates.

So of your busiest window day nets you £200 and you reckon it will take a day there's your answer. £200. If half day £100.

Or just for the sake of greed and cause you think they will pay it £400.

Upto you. I know not a really helpful answer but so many on here seem to het concerned with what others would charge when it has no relevance on your personal financial requirements. So in summary my advice is charge what YOU want / need to make it of value to YOU.

P.s. Your comment on selling yourself short:

As long as YOU are happy with what you have earned for your effort then it should matter not in the least if some one a hundred miles away reckons you could have made another £50.

If it's a small job then get what you can

For example a 10 minute gutter clean you wouldn't charge 10 minutes pay for you would charge a lot more

If it will take you a long time then as @Green Pro Clean Ltd said charge according to your daily rate or your hourly rate x how many hours

Don't sell yourself short

It is all in your mentality

If you worry what the customer may think then you will never quote enough

If you are confident in yourself and state to the customer i charge x amount per hour and this job will take x amount of hours so this is your price then you will be earning what you deserve for the job

The one thing that makes a difference is if you are a bit wishy washy when giving them the price and hesitating etc they won't go for it

You need to come across 100% sure of yourself and state the price and stick to your guns

Good luck with it mate

Back