Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommend me a pole for fascia/gutter cleaning

N

neil fearnley

hi folks

looking for a budget pole for fascia/guttering pvc work

i dont plan on doing windows so the pole wont be used all the time probably just an add on to gutter vac work

looking for 25-30ft pole i think

has to be cheapish and stiff

cant afford to go down the carbon route

any recommendations

Thanks for the replies

I was thinking aluminium might be more rigid??was looking at the renegade facelift or brodex summit

Never used any type b4 tbh

What would be more rigid hybrid or aluminium?

Thanks for the repliesI was thinking aluminium might be more rigid??was looking at the renegade facelift or brodex summit

Never used any type b4 tbh

What would be more rigid hybrid or aluminium?
You won't need a really rigid pole for S/F/G. Your brush will be resting on the plastic a lot of the time. Just buy a CLX-27.

was looking at the renegade facelift or brodex summit
:eek:

images

yeh i couldn't recommend my ebay special banana to anyone......it was fully extended to reach the gable end facia and it took everything i had to keep it off the floor when i brought it down horizontally...there was limited room cause of a fence...but i honestly expected it to snap with that much bend...:eek:

no good?the weight?or what

i feel like i should clarify that the pole will only really be for when custies ask for fascia/gutter exterior cleaning when clearing there gutters with a vac

maybe 3-4 times a week say

it wont be used everyday nor do i plan on doing windows

the clx-27 looks good but a little pricey for occasional use

well...it still does the job...but very heavy...still ....good to build the muscles up!...my muscles were complaining so i just went off and did a bit of trad and came back and got into the swing...i think its what you get for a hundred squid....but to me...it was just a starter pole...i have...slx in my sights...:rolleyes:

yeh i couldn't recommend my ebay special banana to anyone......it was fully extended to reach the gable end facia and it took everything i had to keep it off the floor when i brought it down horizontally...there was limited room cause of a fence...but i honestly expected it to snap with that much bend...:eek:
what pole is that?one of the bayersan impressor ones?

its hard to find on ebay....red hat diving...or beechcroft diving, the full set up for £300 so cant grumble and it was just to get my feet wet in wfp....which of course...pouring barrels of pure into the backpack....i have done :rofl:

its hard to find on ebay....red hat diving...or beechcroft diving, the full set up for £300 so cant grumble and it was just to get my feet wet in wfp....which of course...pouring barrels of pure into the backpack....i have done :rofl:

Simply put you can't get a lower weight & stiff pole without having some carbon in it. You could get an aluminium pole if you're muscley otherwise your back/elbows/shoulders are going to suffer particularly when fully extended to reach over conservatories. As for the extra cost you'll recoup it back within a year if you price correctly the more work you can take on or complete faster.

hi folkslooking for a budget pole for fascia/guttering pvc work

i dont plan on doing windows so the pole wont be used all the time probably just an add on to gutter vac work

looking for 25-30ft pole i think

has to be cheapish and stiff

cant afford to go down the carbon route

any recommendations
Neil why dont you buy a harris pole and keep it specifically for cleaning gutters / fascias. Heavy i know but rock hard and will last a lifetime. Stick a vikan sill brush on the end and your off.

Neil why dont you buy a harris pole and keep it specifically for cleaning gutters / fascias. Heavy i know but rock hard and will last a lifetime. Stick a vikan sill brush on the end and your off.
not long enough really as i had originally thought about using harris pole

im now looking at the unger nlite range

kinda like the idea of a smaller pole that can be extended when needed

defo cant stretch to a clx at the moment with needing hoses,trolley etc aswell

Back