DIY noise baffle for your van's water tank

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by window washer, Jun 2, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. As no-one has yet posted a thread I thought I would start off with a handy tip (yet to be refined) which is actually not my idea at all but is that of Dave AKA Flipfast.

If you are fed up with hearing your water slosh around in your tank because you have no bulkhead like me, then just add some strips of bubble wrap into your tank as this will just float around, it barely takes up any capacity at all but amazingly eliminates about 90% of water noise as it acts as a moving water -break.

It really works as I am currently using it.

Any further improvements/ enhancements to this idea would be useful.

2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Not just for noise though - safety too hopefully.
  3. Sorry!

Forgot the whole point of it:huh:

Brilliant idea
  4. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    I was thinking whether plastic fizzy pop bottles would be a good baffle,I only use 25L containers and that has it's problems too when 25 lbs come flying at you.
  5. jon

jon Guest

hi i am about to buy a 650litre reach and wash system are these good systems any advice would be great thanks
  6. Ginge

Ginge Guest

We have a 650L tank in our van. It is a baffled tank that we got from Pure Freedom and its great. Even when its half full its not that noisy and nor does the water move that much.