Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dodgy shoulder - tried new way of working

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

I have dodegy shoulder so constantly thinking of different ways to ease the pain while working.

1. I have every intention of getting a powerup hd in the near future.

2. There is two of us working together and I do the fronts not the backs so ATM less winding in hose.

3. Using a slx18 as this reaches 99% of front windows the same weight as an extreme 22 and shorter length than a extreme 18.

4. Clx4 now this so far as been a massive improvement because I do the fronts I'm always very close to the van and can change from my slx18 to clx4 in just a few seconds literally. This pole felt really weird at first as its so tiny and weighs only 260g, you can and I mean feel a massive improvement in speed as you just don't feel the weight also I'm a great fan of the univalve and wouldn't change them on my other three poles but on the clx4 I have the gooseneck valve which is so much quicker on this little pole.

Now I know this post won't benefit a lot of windie that work solo as everyone circumstances are different but in my case and I state in my case I have found this system beneficial towards my shoulder pain as approx 50% work load now is done with a pole that weighs just 260g, (who would think working with a clx would three times lighter than a extreme) lol, seriously anyone that works in a similar situation as mine give try you will be pleasantly surprised.

Just now need to get the powerup hd.

do you get any treatment on your shoulder? i used to get a deep tissue sports massage every few months , but just changed to an osteopath went thursday night after 2 blocks of flats in the day, he sort of rolled me in a ball and made my spine make a load of clicking noises and i feel 100% now/ gonna go every 2/3 months we look after our motors and equipment but forget our bodies till they collapse on us. what your doing is also a big help

Had injections a few months ago and felt bionic but recently it's started to act up again, have always had problems with it from a young age but just suffered the pain the doctor did say I would probably need a op, but if I can reduced inflammation by making little changes it can only be a good thing.

I know a bit about shoulder pain as i suffer with my rotator cuff since a bad tear a few years ago

My liquidators are lighter and cheaper than your clx :rofl:

Tradding bottoms gives my shoulder a rest though

Last edited by a moderator:
Your seen my pole on a belt,

I'm a lot faster with my little pole than I am tradding otherwise I would use my liquidators also anything to save weight.

@Den this may sound left field but get yourself some yoga dvds. I have recurring injuries due to flat feet..it honestly affects lots of my leg muscles and hips badly.

Yoga will do so much for your long term. Sounds a bit funny I know but the stability it gives you if done 3 x a week for say 15 to 20 mins is great

Never done yoga before probably do me good as I'm as flexible as a scaffold pole lol.

I used to do weight training to cure everything..build up the muscles so they can handle the job

Slipped a lower disc and had awfull pain

Deadlifts with extreme weights really hurt but cured the pain as my muscles could then support my spine

My rotator cuff however i can't cure with weights as the muscle injury won't let me do any inclined presses or similar excercises so can't build the muscle up

Willing to try anything now as my good friends ibuprofen and cocodamol get me to work in the morning

me too but arthritis in my wrists mean i cant even use an empty bar even light dumbells hurt , im now doing body weight hiit sessions but use press up handles and still need wrist straps ok i admit it im following the body coach on you tube lmao feel pretty good though

I have always done the weights hardcore when i was boxing and training krav maga but i just can't do it now with my shoulder as everything causes me problems with my shoulder

Since i stopped the gym and haven't been training for a while i have got myself a nice food baby growing

I tried training at a new place in Barnet learning silat/kali for a few weeks but couldn't keep it up as all the movements hurt my shoulder..gutted as learning new systems is what i enjoyed doing

It's my left shoulder so I can still still liftna beer:rofl:

Got a few on the go now as due to the nice weather i have been sorting the garden all day and building the frework for my new decking area up by the shed for bbq area and to hide my water storage

Gonna chuck some steaks on soon and some chicken

20170325_195521.jpg

I bbq every weekend and whenever i can during the week when the weather is nice until it gets too cold around September/october time or even later if the weather is nice

Man after my own heart, ribeye with chilli and garlic and a couple of refreshments perfect ending to any day.

I could happily bbq every day in good weather

I could happily be from the Caribbean or from south africa as then i could do it every day

My jerk chicken or pork loin joint and rice n peas is pretty famous round my mates and family and everyone wants some at my bbqs

Smoked whole chicken with roast spuds and salad goes down well too

Chuck the whole chicken on with a lemon up it's jacksy and shut the lid for 2 hours..open it up and chuck some chipolatas on and close it for another 20 minutes

Job done and good alternative to sunday roast

I like to do jerk pork (ooh err missus)

Get a whole loin joint

Make green jerk marinade with thyme garlic scotch bonner etc

Leave it overnight in fridge

Cook in oven for an hour on low next day

Make sticky jerk sauce with ketchup, garlic, ginger, spring onion, scotch bonnets whole x 2 , honey, pimento, nutmeg, orange juice, honey snd lime

Put pork on the bbq and shut the lid and keep painting it with the jerk sauce until it is cooked (about an hour with painting sauce on every 5 minutes)

Best pork ever with best crackling

I got taught to bbq by a bajun (think that is how you spell it..someone from Barbados) my mates mum so know how to do it properly

Can't beat Caribbean bbq

If you didn't do it properly your ear definitely hurt from getting licks lol

Back