Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Choices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Why invest in your pole? U need a good system first get n e fin with a good pump n ull be fyn , backpack pumps dont last long mate
Say what LOL?

In 3 years not had one pump go. And they get hammered all day. 8 backpacks or 9 cant remember. all are fine. Batteries last 8 - 12 months of full timeuse. But pumps are fine

mines the same damo, the batterys died on mine after about 6-10 months tho but thats because maybe there in the extreme cold in my shed where temps get to -9c at times. ( living in the sticks ya see does that lol )

yet my shurflo pump thats 100psi died after 10 months use.

People say the pumps get knacked up after a while when u use it constantly
nahhh people say they earn xxx a year window cleaning but do they really. /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

my shurflo 100 psi pump is 4 years old and still works fine. i do only run it at 50 %. 100% when doing con roofs.

as for poles i found 25 f pole dones most reaches also 3story windows on new house just.

although i do just 30f pole all day now.

its a good work out.

Surely a decent pole is more expensive than a decent pump? (the wcw backpack pump is £30 don't know what psi it is tho)

well it's something to get me started off before I get a van mount, so it's worth buying a spare battery at the same time?

u can get a pump off ebay new for only £25.

and shurflu are only about £60 or £70 .

as for poles u get what u pay for. but if your not doing loads of houses a month and are all normal reach windows then theres no point in spending hundreds on poles.

a £100 22f pole does the same job as a £300 one.

yes maybe a little heivyer and may not last as long but for a starter its fine....

theres lots that buy the harris 5 metre pole for b and q at £15. then convert it into a water fed pole (check videos out on you tube). costing less then £50.

Thanks, looks like I will be ordering a slx25 /emoticons/biggrin.png, I don't know what fitting I need though? I ordered a hose reel fitting kit from pure freedom would I be able to use that on it (pretty much a flow control valve)? If so do gardiner do a fitting that would work?

remember we go window cleaning to earn a fortune NOT spend one......

u can get the £500 poles and the new mercedes vito van and the £5000 system when your turning over £100,000 plus year as there all tax dedutible....!

them backpack pumps are 40psi, nwcs is right. why waste hard earned money on pointless poles. buy some steroids and get a hybrid pole. think of the money you will save at the gym lol :lol:

i manage to get to 3rd floors ok mate. dnt think u cud run two poles off it but a single pole manages velux etc ok

facelift, why follow the rest of the sheep. i have my reasons tho why i wont buy gardiners stuff but im not saying on here.

www.fullcleancentre.co.uk

cheack out the pole prices here.....

ive had 2 of them over the last few years.

I can't find that deal on their site, could you post a link? Would be interested to have a look.

So far I'm liking facelift, and 69quid for a full pole/brush setup is hard to beat. Fair enough it's the fibreglass 18ft, the lowest entry level one they do, but if you're chucking someone in a van with a backpack or a trolley and a few containers of purewater, that's an affordable price point to get started with. Also, I can't say much about gardiners having never really used them but I've found the support and service from facelift / WCW to be really faultless so far. I think the facelift guys know they're competing with Gardiner for the 'top spot' now and as the new kid on the block they seem to be really pulling out the stops to make a good name for themselves

its the inpressor class fiber pole.

go to site

click water fed pole window cleaning

then poles

then impressor poles.

they do three sizes in the empressor.

15/25/30 foot

Latest Posts

Back