Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Off colour rain water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jaylee42

Hi all

Today i tried to filter some rain water from my butt (water) and it wasn't quite clear but was reading .011ppm the first 25lt came out fine but the second looked slightly brownish but was reading .000 is this useable or not ? And should i only try using rain water that is totally clear ?

I use and harvest too , mine is discoulored too before DI , is your water still Brown after DI ? ... Otherwise just go for it , No problems there

Normally i just put a nylon( wifeys) over the Downpipe . Pump it over to van with an onboard DI before reel . Never had problems . Of course i have a small filter that is fittet between tank and pump , a little prefilter .

Just looked at some i did a few days ago and there was green alge sitting at bottom of container and the water was clear.Not gonna use it will have to put up with tap water till i can save some clean rain up.

IMO must admit my rainwater is better during Winther ,spring . And when collected it Can store much longer cos of the cold temp . I believe algae grows a 8 degrees celsius . In this dry season i must rely on my 4021 RO from Daqua . A fine system Btw . /emoticons/smile.png

Back