Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure Washing Decking

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just pressure washer it as normal.

Do you mean what you would use after, to paint it?

Well, what I mean is, there is a special paint you can use to stop it from being slippery?

you just got to be careful that its not a soft wood that its made of, to much pressure can damage the wood, look at the age of it to, older wood can also damage easy. then you got to re seal it after you have cleaned it too.

dont pressure wash as normal as you can mark the timber ,if its very dirty i spray with bleach and a quick scrub with a deck brush then low pressur rinse of, dont leave the bleach sit to long or it will turn the timber a grey colour, if you want the safer option theres a cleaner called patio magic thats very good , i got it in woodies ,swarfega also do a good deck cleaner .

Just pressure washer it as normal.
Do you mean what you would use after, to paint it?

Well, what I mean is, there is a special paint you can use to stop it from being slippery?
Nah you cant do that, Ive tried of friends/familys decking and it chips it. Theres certian chems you can put down that strips it back down to the wood

Would you not use a electric pressure washer tho? My dad did on his decking as they arnt as powerful.

?

Suppose its the age of it too aswell to take into account?

Ive cleaned loads off decking over the years, use a 25 degree nozzle , stay on the trigger all the time and always pressure wash in the direction the planks are going, i use about 2000 psi and always tell em to stain/paint asap afterwards, pressure washer is the best and easiest way, if you dont know how too use one dont do decking. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back