Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Ladder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JJ Window Cleaners

I'm currently using an old piece of rubbish that is just about ready for the scrap yard, so looking for a new one.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a cheap and cheerful two tier extension ladder, about 6m? /emoticons/biggrin.png

I get mine from Clow Group and get them to put feet on them, there not cheap but neither is your health. Cant believe some folks use B&Q ladders I just would not feel safe at all with them.

a trade ladder is the best bet in my opinion. i like LYTE make after reading on the forums old timers seemed to like LYTE i went with them and fitted spikes onto them permanently

i have just replaced my old ( b an q ) ladder desided to get a new one frm ( h.s hire ) there solid as a rock my m8 has 2 of them an there still solid after years of trad adbuce 6 years old i think maby longer mine should last a life time as it dont get used every day:thumbsup::cool:

Its 13 rungs per section so 26 rung all in so would be ample. Unless i'm missing something :-0

Mr Tay That is a damn good price, my normal ladder with feet costs about £140 and Ive just bought a new 15 rung per section with feet for £200, but they are solid light trade ladders.

How do you find those ones you have ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely that's not long enough for most upstairs windows Mr Tay?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Its more than long enough.....it hardly needs raising more than a rung or two. I can even reach a few third floor windows on some buildings. Its 20 foot when fully extended.

i personally prefer the lightness of double ten rungs for the day to day . a lot depends on what size houses you normally do. i do mostly council houses

Also it depends on where you place your ladder , if you mostly place your ladder above the upstairs windows you need a double 13 rung . if you place your ladder mostly on the sills you only need a double 10 .

i notice the majority use ladder mitts on double 13s , to protect the walls and stop side slip . if you use double 10s placed on the sill you dont use ladder mitts but have to be careful of sideslip ,especially on curved bay window sills !

Last edited:
I use lyte ladders , just bought a 2 section 13 rung per section lyte trade ladder from crown decorating for £75 + vat it was on a speacial deal at the time

i personally prefer the lightness of double ten rungs for the day to day . a lot depends on what size houses you normally do. i do mostly council housesAlso it depends on where you place your ladder , if you mostly place your ladder above the upstairs windows you need a double 13 rung . if you place your ladder mostly on the sills you only need a double 10 .

i notice the majority use ladder mitts on double 13s , to protect the walls and stop side slip . if you use double 10s placed on the sill you dont use ladder mitts but have to be careful of sideslip ,especially on curved bay window sills !
I agree boarcity, If you can get away with a shorter lighter ladder then go for it.

Anyone one considered wood ladders. There is a company in Bradford that will custom make them. Runs are strengthened with steel, and they will make them with spikes or feet. I already have a set but am thinking of buying a new ladder this summer.

Anyone one considered wood ladders. There is a company in Bradford that will custom make them. Runs are strengthened with steel, and they will make them with spikes or feet. I already have a set but am thinking of buying a new ladder this summer.
I wonder how much they would cost.....and how much they weigh

Latest Posts

Back