Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing advise

M

marc331

Hi guys am new to this game just got a big three storey house job but unsure and what to price they haven't been cleaned in years so pretty dirty.. thank you in advance......

93f553b1b3f135fad911ceb1e7024906.jpg

60ce31c53678c40634b6d3fbf0c0fd55.jpg

47d5331bb56f987916fbfdbfd1404cf4.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Be very careful with the small leaded windows. I do some and the slightest pressure they leak. Only use a very soft bristled brush, and even use that very gently. Even I would want at least £50, on the basis it was regular, if it's a one off min £100. Without trying to scare you this is a hard job for an experienced cleaner so tread carefully.

Be very careful with the small leaded windows. I do some and the slightest pressure they leak. Only use a very soft bristled brush, and even use that very gently. Even I would want at least £50, on the basis it was regular, if it's a one off min £100. Without trying to scare you this is a hard job for an experienced cleaner so tread carefully.
Totally agree i do quite a few and I use an ultimate flock have to be really gentle with them, I could be wrong but looks like a couple the small pane could be cracked could easily be wrong though viewing with bad eyes on a iPad mini

Nice one if you get it, these bigger jobs make all the difference when starting out, I now have a couple of the larger houses and one is mental big, I charge £70.00 for out side and they want it done on a 6 weekly, the job takes just under two hours .

Most times they want the insides done, so no moving the man and ive made £140.00 in about three and a half too four hours.

Not boasting just saying these jobs pay and help in the beginning of things.

If its village based then get your name up on there village face book, they all have one.

As for the led, be careful and don't be tempted to push hard, if you can get a ladder up safely on the first clean then get the hard stuff of that way, next time should be a breeze with the pole.

Going by exactly what I see in the pics.

I'd want 30 for a regular clean, I'd estimate it's a 30 min job

1st clean is your personal choice, for me it would depend on how filthy they are and if I thought they would take the extra pricing. I can't see it being longer than an hour on a first clean so I wouldn't be top bothered to waive an extra charge on the hope it's regular.

1st clean is your personal choice, for me it would depend on how filthy they are and if I thought they would take the extra pricing. I can't see it being longer than an hour on a first clean so I wouldn't be top bothered to waive an extra charge on the hope it's regular.
I would agree if they were standard UPVC windows, even sash windows, but these are Georgian, I believe, and take at least 3 times as long to do in comparison.

I would agree if they were standard UPVC windows, even sash windows, but these are Georgian, I believe, and take at least 3 times as long to do in comparison.
3 x as long ?

nah, would barely notice the difference, sill brush would fly over these, 3 x as long trad maybe

Top windows look sash, my preference would be the ultimate flock nice light brush over the flock sill brush for the gentle feel on the glass.

3 x as long ?
nah, would barely notice the difference, sill brush would fly over these, 3 x as long trad maybe
Just talking about personal experience, I do a Georgian Manor house and was told what price I had to do it for. Jumped at it thinking it was a very good price for a 2 hour job, takes me 5 hours even though I've been doing it for 4 years.

Don't Think i would have a hells chance in doing that in 30 mins especially with them leaded, would have to control the pole with gentle brushing not to distort the windows any worst than they are.

I would just scrub it like a normal wimdow, could be wrong of course but can't say I've had a problem with these before taking much longer.

To be honest if I felt I had to go that slow because there was risk of damage then I probably would avoid it altogether.

I do an old listed building which wooden sash apart from one big leaded bay and you have to be very gentle that is ground floor looking at them photos it would defo take me a fair bit of time I would price quite and probably not get the job.

I'd reach that with my 27' fine. I'd charge an hours rate whatever that Is for you. I've done delicate Georgian a lot before and I've had more damage using a scrim than with a brush. Also does a better job on Georgian eventually Imo.

I'd reach that with my 27' fine. I'd charge an hours rate whatever that Is for you. I've done delicate Georgian a lot before and I've had more damage using a scrim than with a brush. Also does a better job on Georgian eventually Imo.
Would you recommend a cleaning chemical safe to use with these windows or just water I normally use a unger cleaner

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back