Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Imprinted concrete advice needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben23

Good Morning all, I recently did a patio clean where the custy asked if I would give his driveway a quick going over, so I ran the FSC over his pattern imprinted concrete drive and on low(ish) power it seems to have taken off a lot of the topcoat/sealer in the pattern of the FSC /emoticons/ohmy.png . needless to say it looks atrocious, but he was relativley fine about it and has agreed for me to reseal it (if this is the best course of action)

The advice im looking for really is if anyone has come across this problem before can it be solved by applying a sealant? or will i need to have it completely stripped and re coated? if it can simply have a new coat of sealant put across it then is there a particular sealant that anyone can recommend and the best method of application?.

Many thanks in advance, could really use a hand on this one!

Yeah I never took any at the time as I was too mortified, customer took it pretty well though but I'll pop back and get some pictures shortly to illustrate to problem properly, will be happy when I can get it done as its current condition is not a good advertisement to have sat on the front of someones house!

Hi Ben, honestly mate give Nigel a call at SmartSeal, he has forgotten more about imprint concrete than you and I know and has saved my bacon before with advice. 01268 722500 Just tell him Darren at Green Pro Clean referred you and hopefully he will look after you.

Cheers Green, I'll be giving him a bell tomorrow I think as I was round the custys house earlier, and to be honest it dosent look horrific but definatley not great. Here's a couple of pics to illustrate the problem, need to get the sealant/solution to problem sorted within the next week really but they are being really good about it, even signed me on to their Decking and re-staining so its not a total loss.

View attachment 8454

View attachment 8455

View attachment 8452

View attachment 8453

View attachment 8456

You will defiantly need to remove all the sealant before reapplying

Sealant is a top clear coat that will only highlight what's already there

There's plenty off sealant removers but if the fsc did thatthen I would use a turbo and that should remove the rest

Explain in future to the customer that if the top coat sealant has been down a long time it may need all resealing also do homework and ask if it's been sealed and my bet is hats had a cheap sealant over the top

Personally I hate that colour and seems so do a lot of home homeowners now

So now could be a could chance to explain that the drive can be recoloured and sealed

Bosscrete who invented and patented pattern embossed concrete lived next door to my mum and I was good friends with his lad

His lad rob was involved in serious accident which led to a spiral off events and now live in Spain

If I do get any probs with these jobs quick call and its sorted

Latest Posts

Back