Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cones!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Has anybody got the heavy duty cones, as pictured. I bought these brand new and the stickers are always peeling off!

Took em down to my local graphics company who does the vans etc. He said the surface of the cone is rough, so needs a special vinyl. He stuck a test piece on, and yeah its perfect!

I cleaned the surface before sticking on the sign and got all the bubbles out. But they are still peeling!

So i am going to get some some custom art work done on each cone, with telephone numbers, logos the lot.

Anybody else had this problem? Bit annoying considering they cost £50+

View attachment 1101

Yer I got them too, take it u didn't buy the plastic protective to go over them then.

Mine 6months old and not peeled off due to cover.

I saw the covers, but didnt think i would need them. I personally think the stickers are bad, as noway they should be peeling within hrs of fitting them.

I got two designs, and they are different colours, so that annoyed me lol.

Going to get some custom vinyl on them anyway, other cones i have seen like this dont have this problem /emoticons/sad.png

I only use the 1 cone, gonna get 2,3 more for summer
Looks good with 4, that estate most houses are 750k - 1.5mil Plus people notice the hose and cones i am finding /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you would like to gain more attention maybe could use these stickers I made on your cones instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

i know what you mean i brought two cone just like yours and the stickers wouldnt stay on

in the end i had to use extra glue to fix them. think its crappy glue on them... /emoticons/sad.png

i know what you mean i brought two cone just like yours and the stickers wouldnt stay onin the end i had to use extra glue to fix them. think its crappy glue on them... /emoticons/sad.png
Why the hell didnt I think of that lmao!!! Will give that a go if custom graphics is too much.

Has anyone has an issiue with someone tripping over hose.... I uses cones like this on shop work but do worry .with the where theres blame theres a claim socity we live in.

these cones are a very good idear but in the daft laws of this country i bet someone with still be able to claim from u . If like it has to be clearly marked 4 metres away then 1 metre away for exsample.....

Unless you have permission to obstruct pavements you are to blame. Council owns the pavements, and they won't allow them to be obstructed without going through the correct channels. They won't allow anything for window cleaning on a stop and start basis. If you working in the same area for a day or more. You may get some joy.

When someone tries to claim, they look at if your negligent, if you have put out signs up, does that mean that's everything realistically that you could have done to avoid the trip or fall??

No.... You could get those hose cover things (similar to a cable trip thing) That is like a ramp....

However it just depends on the point of view of the judge/insurer etc at the time as to if you have taken reasonable care to avoid the incident.

CNS I understand what you are saying. But the fact is you are not allowed to block a footpath or obstruct. So you are breaking council law if you do.

as long as you have warning cones out and you have done everything you could to warn people of it you will be fine.

if they still trip over your hose and the coanes are there, they cant take you to court.

as long as you have warning cones out and you have done everything you could to warn people of it you will be fine.
if they still trip over your hose and the coanes are there, they cant take you to court.
As states depends on location if you are putting a hose across a pavement it doesn't matter what you do. You are liable.

As states depends on location if you are putting a hose across a pavement it doesn't matter what you do. You are liable.
wrong im affraid, dont matter where you lay it, accross door ways, paths, up stairs, as long as you have warning signs to warn about it, or have taped off an area to proved a safe working area you are fine.

been on a H&S course and have learnt all about it! thats why im unliked on here by people lol

Btw i used to work in London with hydraulic equipment which was van mounted. I know all about claims and hoses and pavements and signs. Been there done that.

Only thing you can do is get a dispensation for obstructing a footpath and parking. Then you are ok as the council has allowed it.

My previous company lost two claims. So I do know a thing or two about paths and obstructing.

Back