Dog ends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Purus, Dec 7, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Purus

Purus Guest

Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you actually dog end your squeegees as I keep on getting annoyed when the rubber rides up the edge of the frame and leave a big missed patch around the edges. I have tried brass ends but they seem more awkward and sometimes end up scratching the edge of the frame or glass?
  2. by a pulex squeggee they are clamped in the middle
  3. Purus

Purus Guest

Well I use a Unger one and they have teeth that grip into the rubber holding it in place either side of the handle, but it's at the ends you have 1/8th of a inch outside your chanel, when you go up into the corners the rubber just pops over the frame then leaves this big patch along, or do I need a harder rubber as I am using soft?? I saw someone on YouTube dog ending a Chanel so it supports the rubber in the top corner on the edges and wondered if it would be a good idea?
  4. Try pulex rubbers, I get on with those far better. I have abou 2/3mm stickin out at each end and that causes me no trouble. Could also just be a technique thing too.

Give a range of rubbers a try n let us know how you get on :)
  5. Purus

Purus Guest

Yeah I thought it might just be me being a novice!