Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

washing up liquid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Strange coincidences going on here, I bought a load of aldi premium (lemon) a few days ago, tried it for the first time on my own house, and went straight out and bought a load more yesterday. The slip is amazing, never used a soap like it. I tried a whole bottle of magnum apple and it seemed to be a bit easy to get smears, but the premium is a lovely soap in use. I was going to make a thread bout it but I havnt used it in anger yet so I thought I would wait. Going to give it a proper whirl tommorrow to see what its like cutting through proper dirt.

Other than that; Ecover, and Fairy lime and lemongrass are my go to soaps. When I find ones I like I stock up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i use persil lemmon with flash lemmon cleaner ,ive also tryed aldi magnum i find it ok a bit fick an glupy but lots of slip i still faver the persil tho
Rp_Which_best_buy_PD3_589171b5f7.jpg

Anyone else here a secret soap sniffer. I can't help myself in tescos now. /emoticons/biggrin.png Persils a good sniff.

I remember wagga on one of his vids saying magnum premium was very good and that there was a noticeable difference between that and the standard magnum

Ive tried them all but moved to unger liquid few months ago, more expensive but i wont use anything else now. Cuts through grime better than anything else ive tried.

I did in a previous post write my conclusions of Glass Gleam 4, I will not use anything else on regular cleans, lasts for ever, slips real nice, and leaves a mirror like finish. Keeps detailing to a minimum as very low suds, the super low suds is a reason a lot of other windies don't get on with it but as I said I live by it.

I did in a previous post write my conclusions of Glass Gleam 4, I will not use anything else on regular cleans, lasts for ever, slips real nice, and leaves a mirror like finish. Keeps detailing to a minimum as very low suds, the super low suds is a reason a lot of other windies don't get on with it but as I said I live by it.
ive used gg3 and gg4 i found i had to add soap to get it suddy cos it was like blading water off the glass left lins if u no wat i mean just my view tho did leve a good shine tho

Ive tried them all but moved to unger liquid few months ago, more expensive but i wont use anything else now. Cuts through grime better than anything else ive tried.
i have tryed the unger liquid and found it very good not shore if i perer it to persil an flash tho its close

the diffrent varieties of Aldis Magnum vary a lot. more than youd ever think possible - the blue is incredibly thick ,a real gloop ,WHEREAS the red is ultra thin. i prefer the green Original or the yellow which is very similar to the green

I bought some tesco equivalent to ecover tonight. Will try that Monday. £1 a bottle.
i used to luv ecover but found it a bit week on finger prints keep us updated on this new stuff tho :thumbsup:

the diffrent varieties of Aldis Magnum vary a lot. more than youd ever think possible - the blue is incredibly thick ,a real gloop ,WHEREAS the red is ultra thin. i prefer the green Original or the yellow which is very similar to the green
Up until the other day the only magnum I had used was the apple stuff in the roundish bottle. Loved the smell, but wasnt too impressed with its streakiness. But I didnt realise how many varieties there were until the other day, so I picked up the lemon, and the apple in the squarish (budget?) bottles, a eucapliptus in the roundish bottles, and the lemon premium which, after I tried that, I had to go and stock up- love it. Used it again today and it works like a dream, but I still haven't had a chance to use it on some proper dirty first clean as that'll tell you a lot about a soap.

I've often been tempted to use the GG4 @Green , but I like my suds too much. I think customers like it too when they are watching. Its like being in the car wash when your motor gets covered in that thick snow foam, and then when it gets taken off along with all the dirt it just makes you feel all warm inside. /emoticons/biggrin.png I suppose adding something extra for the suds would defeat the purpose would it?

Up until the other day the only magnum I had used was the apple stuff in the roundish bottle. Loved the smell, but wasnt too impressed with its streakiness. But I didnt realise how many varieties there were until the other day, so I picked up the lemon, and the apple in the squarish (budget?) bottles, a eucapliptus in the roundish bottles, and the lemon premium which, after I tried that, I had to go and stock up- love it. Used it again today and it works like a dream, but I still haven't had a chance to use it on some proper dirty first clean as that'll tell you a lot about a soap.
I've often been tempted to use the GG4 @Green , but I like my suds too much. I think customers like it too when they are watching. Its like being in the car wash when your motor gets covered in that thick snow foam, and then when it gets taken off along with all the dirt it just makes you feel all warm inside. /emoticons/biggrin.png I suppose adding something extra for the suds would defeat the purpose would it?
i agree the Magnum apple is no good . also agree that the lemon is Ace

eucalyptus[blue] is so thick ,it comes out slow -you almost have to snap it off the bottle . a slight exagerration

i agree the Magnum apple is no good . also agree that the lemon is Ace
eucalyptus[blue] is so thick ,it comes out slow -you almost have to snap it off the bottle . a slight exagerration
Which lemon one are you talking about mate, the square, round, or premium? I like both the ones I have. I've not tried the eucalyptus yet but I'll get round to it this week, do you like it, or did you mean its too thick?

ive used gg3 and gg4 i found i had to add soap to get it suddy cos it was like blading water off the glass left lins if u no wat i mean just my view tho did leve a good shine tho
I've been using GG3 for the last few weeks. I will not go back to anything else now.

To a heavy detergent user, you will think this is just like water. At first I thought it was ridiculous that someone could use this without adding detergent or using it at 250:1.

Now I am using it at less than 1000:1, and will probably go down a little further. I spent many years using heavy detergent, but this is a much cleaner way to clean windows. It retreats from the edges, and when combined with a dog ear squeegee, this is fantastic. Lines and direction marks are not a problem, since you're using 99.9% water (I live in a soft water area). It just dries clean, or looks natural like a drop of rain water.

But you really need to be dipping into a bucket, not pouring on with a bottle. It doesn't dry up either when you use a pole. You don't get slime on your hands. It clears the bottom seal. All that **** doesn't stick to your applicator and other gear etc.

anyway, I'm convinced that adding washing up liquid must add dissolved solids to your water? Really, what's the point in gathering rain water, then putting that in it? Has anyone tested it with a tds metre? I know ecover states it has sodium chloride in it for gods sake (yes, that's SALT btw). This does not belong in window cleaning water imo. Not to mention washing up liquid makes the window into a dirt magnet.

The slip was terrible at first. Now, I don't know if it's my technique that's adjusted, or the blade has bedded in (also, the condition of the blade doesn't matter so much anymore either), but now it feels like there is loads of slip. I was going to buy some sorbo glide, but now I don't think I'm going to bother

Back